Chapter 40- Day 3

<--VOTE…Comment….Fan…Like…Please and thank you!

________________________________________________

Chapter 40- Day 3

*Trish’s POV*

I stood there in horror. I was trembling. I didn’t know what will happen if he hits the ground. I didn’t want to think about it. I didn’t like the thought of him getting hurt! I felt my world stopped the moment he started to fall. It was only this time that I realized how important he was to me. It was only now that I understood why I always felt that something was not right when I was with Nathan. It was only now that I realized that I have feelings for him.

I love him.

Crap. How could I fix this? What about Nathan? Will he hate me? How about Josh, does he feel the same way? Right. I couldn’t tell him about this. What if he didn’t felt the same? Telling him about my feelings could ruin our friendship. I don’t want that to happen. I didn’t want him to move away from me.

These past few months have been one of the most wonderful times of my life. I always thought that I needed to be with Josh to make Nathan jealous, but I was wrong. I kept on denying the fact that I was already falling for him. I kept on telling myself that I love Nathan, but deep inside my heart tells me that I love Josh.

I couldn’t believe that I was so stupid. All this time I was already in love with him and yet I didn’t made use of the time we had together and I had to say yes to Nathan. I’ve messed up. I shouldn’t have involved Nathan here.

I felt a huge gush of relieve when I saw that the people in charge were able to grab the rope before Josh reached the ground. I finally let out the air that I was holding. I didn’t notice that I wasn’t breathing the whole time. Seriously, I could have fainted.

I was really happy that nothing happened to Josh. His face was only an inch from the ground. Thank God he was safe. I wanted to run towards him and hugged him but I was stopped when people were swarming around him. I couldn’t do anything. I was surprised to see Nathan on top but he didn’t won. He was looking at me and I could see pain in his eyes.

I felt so guilty. It was my fault. I said yes to him. It was my duty to be faithful to him. I waited for Nathan to reach the ground before I hugged him.

“Thank God nothing happened to you.”

I was also grateful that nothing happened to him. Both of them were really important to me.

“Okay, I think that concludes this round. It was fortunate that nothing happened to Mr. Carter here. I have talked to him before he left and he said that he would still attend tomorrow’s event.”

Everyone cheered after Principal Crippet’s announcement.

“So students proceed to your homes now. We will continue the games tomorrow. As usual, have plenty of rest. The remaining twenty contestants must report early in the morning. Is that clear?”

“Yes!”

Everyone cheered and started to head home. Some people were looking for Josh but he was missing again. What’s happening to him? Why does he keep on disappearing? I was really worried about him. Was he seeing another girl? I really wanted to talk to him. I missed him so much.

“Hey, I’ll send you home. Get plenty of rest.” Nathan smiled at me.

I felt so guilty. He was too nice to me.

“You should be the one getting the rest, not me. You still have your chance tomorrow.”

*THE NEXT DAY*