Chapter 40

"3."

"2."

"1."

"Go."

They started racing. Hasan was little behind her to make sure she is safe. The walk to the lake was usually so silent and a little dangerous. So he was just running little behind her. They saw their house and Hasan started running fast and beat her within seconds.

"What was that?" She asked with widened eyes breathing heavily.

Hasan just shrugged with a smirk and went inside the house.

"Where were you two and why are you breathing heavily?" Laiba asked with a worry.

Their family was already gathered in the living room after eating their breakfast. Hasan and Fatima just sat on the couch trying to catch their breath.

"Race." Hasan only said this and leaned his head on hers.

Everyone looked at them surprised.

"Who won?" Hania asked excitedly.

Hasan smirked and pointed towards himself. Fatima rolled her eyes and got up suddenly making him fall on the couch. She smirked looking at him and everyone laughed at them.

"Go and freshen up fast and eat your breakfast." Laiba said with a smile looking at them.

"Okay Ammi." Fatima said and went upstairs.

"Thank you guys." Hasan said looking at them with a smile and got up and went upstairs.

He thanked them for behaving normally and not making her awkward or uncomfortable by asking about yesterday's incident. They didn't even asked how she was, they were just pretending that nothing has happened last night.

Fatima came from washroom after taking a bath. Hasan was sitting on the couch scrolling his phone. He looked up at her and smiled widely.

" I forgot to tell you. Someone called you at night."

"Me? Who?" She asked drying her hairs with a towel.

"I don't know. I just switched off your phone."

"You didn't saw the caller id?" She asked surprised.

"No." He said and went near her and took the towel from her and started drying her hairs. She closed her eyes in relaxation.

"You should have picked the call." She said looking at him from the mirror.

"Without your permission."

"Why would you need my permission. Ofcourse you should've picked it."

He turned her and made her look at him.

"Will you pick the call if my phone was ringing in my absence."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I can't touch your phone without your permission."

"Then, you think I can do that."

"Yes."

"And why is that?"

"Because." She said and was silent trying to get the answer.

"Because I'm your husband and I can do whatever I want but you need my permissions right?" He asked looking deeply in her eyes.

She nodded in response.

"Fathi, I already told you in our relation no one is superior or inferior. We are equal. So what you can't do then how can I. Jaan try to forget about him and his disgusting life style. I know he used to do everything but you need to ask permission for basic things. I'm not him baby you have full right to do anything. But if you are doing any murder tell me before hand we need to hide the body in a safe place." He said trying to lighten her mood and not to make her remember her past again.