118

I felt my eyes burn with tears as I left the room Colby was in.

"Very good, Juliana." Gold said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Is he safe now?" I whispered, my voice cracking. "We'll see." He said then led me into the supply closet.

"Watch this one. I don't want her doing anything crazy." Gold said to Austin as he pushed me into the room.

"Got it, boss." Austin said as Gold closed the door. "You knew all along." I said as Austin nodded.

"We've got a way of being ahead in this world. I got that job months before even thought about moving there." Austin said as I narrowed my eyes.

"How?" I asked as he chuckled. "There are eyes everywhere, Julia. Or should I say Briana." He said with a smile.

"Shut up." I grumbled and crossed my arms. "Your boyfriend is dumber than a box of rocks though. Both him and his friends." He said as my eyes widened.

"Who else is here?" I asked with fear in my voice. "A couple of your friends." Austin said nonchalantly.

"Don't let them hurt them." I begged as he chuckled. "I don't have any control over that." He said then pulled his phone out.

I shook my head, closing my eyes against the tears that were forming.

After only a few minutes the door was opening and my mom was walking in. She was with a girl who I've never seen before.

"Won't you just kill me now?" I asked quietly, keeping my eyes locked on my mothers.

I knew in my heart that she was a horrible and manipulative person but I didn't realize she would stoop this low.

"Oh sweet girl, you haven't even met the man who wants you dead." She hummed with a satisfied tone.

"Go get him then. I'm done here." I mumbled as the girl next to my mom breathed a laugh.

I let my eyes go hard as I stared at her. It took everything in me to not kill this bitch for mocking my pain and suffering.

As soon as her gaze met mine the smirk fell from her lips and a glint of fear filled her eyes.

"Relax, Juliana." Mom said then looked at Austin. "You and Margaret are dismissed for the day." She said as he nodded.

"Are we taking her with us?" Austin asked and looked at me. "No. She stays here. There's someone who is very excited to meet her." She hummed, keeping her eyes on me.

I was honestly feeling so hopeless right now but I knew I would have to either fight to get out of here or I would have to surrender.

I didn't know which would be worse.

At this point Colby hated me. I wanted him to. I wanted him to get out of here and run as far away as humanly possible.

No matter how many scenarios I ran in my head, I knew that no matter what, we both weren't going to survive this.

"Get some sleep, Juliana. You have a big day tomorrow." Mom said with a sickening grin. I hated how menacing she was because this time she actually had some power over me.

I could handle her hitting me, I could handle the mental abuse she used to put me through. This time she actually had the power to kill me or worse.

Once she was gone I curled up in a ball, crying into the empty room. There was an eeriness surrounding me that I couldn't shake.

Of course I was in a shitty situation and I put myself into it but there was something so horrible about them turning Colby against me.

It was better for him though.