125

Colby's POV

The next couple days were hard on the kids and I. We were trying to stay strong for Julia's sake but I could feel us all slowly falling apart.

I had no idea how to take care of and comfort five kids by myself. Granted, I had Sam, Nate, and Jeremy, but it was different than having Julia.

She knew how to handle situations that I couldn't. Like Jenna sobbing because I couldn't figure out what tampons to get her.

That was incredibly stressful but I was so glad I could call Stas to help me through it.

We tried to visit Julia every day but it was hard on Juniper. She was taking this the worst for obvious reasons.

Julia was Juniper's mom as far as she was concerned. Of course Juniper knew of her mother but she was in her cognitive life for only a little bit of time.

Julia was the one who raised her.

She was such a good mom already which was becoming especially apparent because her body and her were fighting for our daughter.

Whenever her vitals would go down. Julia's body would work extra hard to get her back to normal. It was making the process of Julia waking up much slower though.

As much as I wanted Julia to wake up, I wanted them to both live.

"I wanna see Jule." Little Sam said as I finished attempting to put Juniper's hair in pigtails. "We'll see her a little later. We're going to the park first." I said as he huffed out a breath.

"How can we possibly have fun when Julia is half dead?" He asked as I shook my head.

"She's not half dead. We're just gonna go let some energy off then we'll go visit her."I said then patted Juniper's head.

"We gotta grab the twins." I said as little Sam sighed. "They're gonna be mad." I said causing me to frown.

"Listen, I know you guys want to be by Julia's side twenty four seven but she wouldn't want that. She would want us to continue life as best as we could." I said as Juniper stood up.

"How do you know that? What if she wakes up and we aren't all there?" Sam asked as I sighed.

"We're only going to go to the park for a little while. We need the fresh air." I said then led the way to get to Jenna and Carter.

Sam had a point, mentioning how hard it would be for Julia to wake up with none of us around. I knew she would understand because she wouldn't want all of us sitting there all day every day.

Right now Sam and Nate were with her and if she was even showing a sign of waking up they would call me.

"Colby, can we bring sissy some ice cream?" Juniper asked as I chuckled. "You just want ice cream, don't you?" I asked as she nodded. "For sissy, duh." She said as I nodded.

"Yeah, we can get ice cream for her." I said as we made our way down the hall.

"Jenna, Carter, we're going to the park. Come on." I said as Jenna poked her head out of her room.

"We're not going to see Jule?" She asked as I sighed. "We are. We're going to the park first." I said as she crossed her arms.

"I wanna see Julia." She said as I nodded. "I know. We'll see her later." I explained as she shook her head.

"I'm going now." She said as I groaned. "Jenna, come on." I said as she closed the door.

"Wait here guys." I said to Carter, Sam, and Juniper then went to go into Jenna's room.