I

i walked over to one of the other doctors to ask about another patient when i saw korra rushing in here with kya in her arms. lin, bolin, mako, suyin, asami, bumi, and tenzin were also at her side.

"doctor zuri!" i heard korra yell. i look at them and cross my arms. "kya needs to be healed" korra says. "why cant you do it?" i ask. "please!" korra yells. "god damnit. cmon" i say. they all quickly follow me to a room.

"what happened?" i ask korra. "she got into a fight with an earthbender and he hit her in the head with rocks. she was on the ground when we found her" she replied. i open the door to the the room and walk in.

as much as i love kya, she cant keep doing this to herself. she comes in at least twice every other week. something is always happening to her or shes getting herself in trouble. kya has always had feelings for me and im just now starting to notice. sorry to burst her bubble, but im more into lin beifong. kya is okay, ges i would date her, but shes just not my type.

"alright korra, I'll take it from here" i say. she nodded, set kya in the bed, and walked out. i would let another healer in here with me, but usually when it's kya it's fine. but the condition she is in, i might need help. "korra, i need you to do the best you can to heal her, i will be right back" i say. she nodded again and walked in the room.

i quickly ran down the hall to grab another healer.

"hey jasi, i need your help. kya could be put in a coma if we don't get her healed fast enough" i say. he quickly stood up and we ran back to the room.

"alright korra, go" i say. "will she be okay?" "yes, she will be fine. tell everyone to go home and I'll most likely call tenzin" i say. she rolled her eyes and walked out.

"what happened?" jasi asked a little worried. "she got into a fight with an earthbender and he hit her in the head with rocks" i say. "gotcha" he said. i healed her head while jasi worked on her stomach. her clothes had some cuts in them and a little blood.

-

once we were finished we let her rest. i already called tenzin and korra. i shouldve called bumi too.

"how is she looking?" a nurse asks. "she looks okay, i just have to wait for her to wake up then we will go from there. if we didn't heal her head within the past hour, she would've been in a coma for i don't know how long. as long as she's okay, I'm fine" i say. "zuri, we need you in room 402" kalari says with a clipboard. "what's the problem?" "just a citizen whos covered with cuts." she said. i nod and took the elevator up to the 400th floor.

i walked in room 402 and saw i guy with cuts everywhere.

"what happened to you" i ask walking in and closing the door. "i got into a fight with a waterbender. she was pretty good but i knocked-" he said. "for fuck sakes. you almost killed kya?" i say. "you act like i know who that is" "you should. shes aangs kid" i say grabbing the first aid. he had a surprised look on his face and stayed quiet for the rest of the time while i treated his wounds.

"is kya here? i wanna say sorry" he said. "she is here, but shes sleeping and resting right now" i say, "come back when shes awake" i said. "she got you good" i say looking at the cut on his leg. it goes from his knee to his ankles. "water spikes am i right" he said. i rolled my eyes and put the cloth on it absorbing any more blood that was still flowing out. he gripped the table in pain and i giggled at his actions. "whats so funny?" "nothing" i say now wrapping his leg.

i stood up and grabbed some ointment off the table. "use this until friday then come back here so i can check your wounds" i say. "cant you just heal them?" "nope." i say. "why?" "because you almost killed kya" i say crossing my arms and looking at him. he grabbed the ointment and walked away and went to talk to another doctor.

i took the elevator to the main lobby so i could grab some lunch.

i walked into the cafeteria and saw lin. i grabbed two apples, one for me and one for her and sat down next to her. she held a file in front of her face and didnt look up. i grabbed the file and set it down under my arm. she looked at me and her face was red. i smiled which made her smile. something you dont really see the chief of republic city do it smile. unless she's laughing.

"take a break will ya?" i say. she shook her head and reached for the file. "dont you dare" i say slapping her hand out the way. i look at the clock and see that its noon. "youre on lunch. take a break and eat something" i say giving her the apple. she opened her mouth to say something but i already knew what she was going to say. "lin, dont even. i know what youre going to say and its not true. you didnt eat at all." i say looking at her. her face softened and she took the apple.

"if i eat this apple can i have my file back?" she said. "maybe" i say. she rolled her eyes and began to eat the apple. i sat there playing with my fingers as she ate the whole apple.

"there i ate the apple. can i have the file now?" she asked. i picked up the file and handed it to her. she went to grab it but i moved it away from her hand. "i don't want play this game zuri" she said with a little tone. i rolled my eyes and gave her the file. "youre so boring sometimes" i say. "thats what they all say" she said. i chuckled and shook my head.

my walkie talkie went off and it was another nurse.

"nurse zuri, kya is awake" she said. i unclipped it from my pants and spoke into it "alright, im coming up there now" i say and clipped it back onto my pants.

"you wana come along or keep doing your work?" i ask lin. she thought about for a second then started to walk with me to kyas room. "i knew you would come along" i said. she grunts and i roll my eyes.

couple minutes later

"your awake" i say. "i feel like crap" kya said. "well yeah you almost got killed by an earthbender" i say. lin stood next to me with her arms crossed. kya looked super jealous that lin was standing by me and not her.

"what?" lin asked due to kya glaring at her. she shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"how long will i be in here for?" kya asked. "you gotta stay here for at least two days so we know how youre feeling" i reply. she nods and leans back.

"i got to get back to work" lin said putting a hand on my shoulder. "all right. ill see you soon" i say. her hand slid off my shoulder as she walked away and to the elevator.

"you guys dating yet?" kya asked. "no kya, lin and i arent dating." i say crossing my arms. she nodded again and got comfortable.

i walked over to her and kissed her on her head. i pulled away and she had a smile on her face.

"ill be back to check in on you soon." i say. "okay" she says. "try to rest more kya" i say. she got comfortable and i turned off the lights and walked out the room.

1362 words