XI

"zuri, we are here" the captain of the blimp said waking me up. "alright, give me a moment and i'll be out" i say and he walked out of the room. i got up and stood there, again. all i could think about was kuvira and that kiss. why would she kiss me? she has a fiance, i dont understand why. i walked to the door of the blimp and asami was standing at the bottom of the landing area, waiting for me.

"i didnt ask for someone to wait for me" i say. "i heard you were coming back and i wanted to talk to you about a couple things" she said. i nod and look at the ship captain. "ill see you later scruff" i say. i gave him that nickname a couple years ago. hes old with a long ass beard, so therefore, i call him scruff. i walk down the stairs of the blimp and reach the pavement. "welcome back zuri" asami said giving me a small hug. jeez, ive never seen asami this close to me. i barley talked to her when i lived here. "long time no see" i say smiling and letting go of her. "korra is no where to be found." she says. "what do you mean?" i ask putting my hands behind my back. "she left and no one can find her" "look, if im being honest, i dont really care. wherever korra is, i know shes safe and protecting herself" i say. "i know. im just worried something will happen to her" asami says. i nod and hum. "so, hows life working for kuvira?" she asks. "i like it. although i am being bossed around more than i was when i was working for republic city PD." i said. "speaking of police" she started. i sighed knowing where this was most likely going. "have you talked to lin at all?" she asked. i knew she was going to say something about lin, it was obvious, really. "no, ever since i left i havent said a word to her. ive talked about her" "well, i just know shes gonna be really happy to see you." she said.

we walked down some stairs into the city and there was everything. there were more people, more cars, more everything. the sunset looked amazing from where i was currently standing.

"you coming?" asami said, snapping me out of my gaze and back into the real world. "yeah, i just really missed being here." i said. "i feel you. you wanna visit lin?" "yes. i was just about to ask about that" i say. "like i said, shes gonna be happy to see you" "i know." i say smiling. the thought of lin has always bugged me when im not around to be with her. "before you talk to her or anything, just know, she was really hopeless and depressed without you. mako said it hurt to see her like that. no one ever sees her like that. ever." asami said. "really? i thought she wouldve been okay but not okay." i say. "its because i wasnt there to comfort her." "what?" she asked confused. "whenever lin was upset, i was always there for her, no matter what. she would always tell me what was wrong. and now that i wasnt there for her-" "no, zuri, dont think that" asami says stopping and stepping front of me. "lin has been struggling with with some stuff. i cant get it out of her, mako cant, tenzin cant, and the only person she trusts to tell is you. if you cant get it out of her, i dont know who can" she said. "ill talk to her" i say and asami nodded. "well, go in there and talk to her" i turn around not even realizing im standing in front police station. "oh, yeah. ill talk to you later" i say turning back around to face her. she waved and walked away. i face the police station and sigh.

im getting myself into a mess.

i walk into the station and look around. i see familiar and unfamiliar people. "zuri! hey!" jamie says. "shush!" i whisper yell. "im trying to surprise lin!" "sorry!" he whisper yells back. i sigh and walk to lins office. i knock on the door and didnt get a response, so i opened the door. there was lin, sleeping like theres no tomorrow. i close the door and walk over to her. "lin, wake up" i say gently shaking her awake. she hummed and picked her head up. "what is now?" she said with a grumpy tone. "someones grumpy" i say. she looked up and saw me. she immediately stood up and hugged me. "no hello? im cool with that" i say. "i missed you so much" she said. "i can tell. i missed you too" i say hugging her back. i heard some sniffles and i pull away from lin to see her crying. "no, no, no, dont cry" i say chuckling and wiping her eyes. "im taking you out to dinner tonight" i say, "you better not be sad for dinner" "i wont. im just happy your finally back" she said. "im not staying long, i have to get back soon. i have a week here then i have to go back" i said. "dont leave again" she said. "youll be okay lin, i promise." i say smiling. she smiled back and hugged me again.