III

i need to talk to my boss about this job. yes im a healer, but i dont think it suits me well.

if im being honest, my boss is super hot. shes an earthbender, green eyes, black and red hair, shes toned well, she 5'8 and theres so much more i could say about her.

i knocked on her office door and she opened it.

"oh hey" she said and looked me up and down. "i wanna talk with you" i say. "sure come in" she said an moved out the way so i could come in. i heard the door close and she sat in her chair. "i dont know any other way to say this, but, i quit." i said. "what? why?" she asked. "i dont this job suits me" "you are literally our best healer and our best waterbender. how could you quit?" she said with some tone. i rubbed my face and sighed. "i just said this job does not fit well for me, so, i quit. im looking into republic city PD. i talked to beifong and she said she will see what she can do. plus, mako left to go to the south or north pole, so i could take his place until he gets back." i say crossing my arms. "your leaving me for beifong?" she said "you say that like we are dating and clearly were not. im done here" i say standing up and walking out.

she scoffed and slammed the door.

i walked out the hospital and got into my sato mobile.

i dialed chief beifongs number so i could ask to come over and talk. i lied to my boss about already talking to lin, so im doing that now. lin is also off today so it would be best to talk to her now.

i put the block looking phone to my ear while i waited for her to answer.

"what do you want?" she asked. "hey chief" i say. "zuri? what do you want?" she asked again. "i wanna talk with you about something so i was wondering if i could come over" i said. she sighed and said, "talk about what?" "youll find out when i get there" i say. "fine. you can come. but i got somewhere to be soon" she says. "yeah yeah, ill make it quick" i say and hung up.

-

i knocked on the front door of lins pent house and it took her a moment to answer. she opened the door and she was wearing a robe. "come on" she said and walked away from the door. i walked in and closed the door behind me.

"what did you want to talk about?" she asked. "would you let me join your force?" i ask. "why?" she asked confused but also interested. "just answer the question lin." "yes, i would. ive seen your skills and we could use a healer on the force" she said. "cool because i kinda quit my job" "you what?" she said turning around and crossing her arms. "you heard me. it was a perfect fit for me to work as a doctor. i thought it would since it was what my mother did and wanted me to do, but its not my cup of tea" i say. lin sighed. "and you wanna join republic city PD?" she asked and i nodded. "let me think about it" she said and walked into her room, closing the door behind her.

i guess she gonna think about while she gets ready? i shrug and sit down on the couch until she was finished.

i heard the sound of boots so i looked behind me. "its a halloween party?" i ask. "yes" she sighed. "do you want to come along?" she asked. "i dont have a costume" "i got a clown. it was either a witch or a clown" she said. "i dont see why not" i say getting up and following her to her room.

-

we walked into a huge house and there were actually a lot of people here. i look around to see most people dressed as a witch. "looks like youll fit in well" i say to lin. she shrugged.

"is that tenzin?" i ask. "no, tenzin doesnt come to parties" lin says. "oh okay" i say.

"lin?" a male asked. we both turned around and saw a man around 60 years old dressed as a zombie. "bumi?" lin asked and the man nodded. "why are you here?" "i came here a while ago" he said. i felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. i look to see its kya. "have you guys seen tenzin? he said he was going to come. "no. i just told zuri he hates things like this" lin told bumi. lin hummed and looked between kya, me, and bumi. "what?" i ask. "oh nothing" she smirks. i frown and sigh. lin knows how kya feels about me. like i said, im more into lin then kya.

music started play and everyone began to dance.

"why don't you two go dance while we catch up?" lin said to kya and i. we both shrugged and walked away. her arm was wrapped around mine, and honestly, i don't mind. we walked through the crowd to find a spot so we could dance.

"i thought this was supposed to be scary" i say. "yea, me too" she said. "wanna go upstairs?" i ask. "sure" kya said. i smiled and it made her smile. i looked at lin who pointed at me and she had a shocked look on her face. i frown and shook my head no.

"this place is really nice" kya said. "yeah, i never thought one of the officers would have a house like this" i say. we walked around and went in some of the rooms. a lot of them were just bedrooms or work spaces.

we walked back out to where everyone was dancing. we both leaned against the railing and watched the people danced to one of my favorite halloween songs. headless horseman by kay starr. all time favorite. halloween is one of my favorite holidays. i like winter a lot more cause of the snow. ive always loved snow. my brother and i would always be outside when it was freezing. we did not give two fucks how cold it was.

i sang along with the song as kya just laughed at me. "what?" i say smiling. "nothing" she said. her lips looked soft, really soft. suddenly my lips were on hers. she leaned into the kiss and put her hands on my face. my hands snaked around her waist and I pulled her closer. she pulled away after a second and looked at me.

"im sorry i-" "no, i was the one who kissed you. i should be the one saying sorry" i say. she nodded and hugged me. "shit happens" i say laughing. "you know how long I've been waiting for you to do that" she said also laughing. "i think i know" i say, "cmon, lets go back downstairs with every else" i say. she agreed and we went downstairs.

-

i stood next to lin and i didn't say anything to her. "tell me, did it mean something?" lin asked. now lin is the jealous one. "i dont know. i was just talking with her and it just happened." "you gotta tell her at some point" she said. i looked at kya who was dancing with bumi, who was doing the macarena.  "i cant." "why not?" "i don't got the courage too and i don't want to upset her" i say. "she'll understand" chief said. "still, i cant. i love kya but not that way." "i know zuri." she says. "cmon" lin said and grabbed my hand, dragging me to the dance floor. "have some fun" she says as she began to do the macarena. i chuckled and joined along with her.

the lights started to dim and the band started playing slow dancing music.

"already? i was enjoying the-" lin put her arms around my neck and smiled. "mind if i dance with you?" she said. "no, not at all" i say putting my hands behind her lower back and interlocking them. we swayed side to side. she hugged me as we still danced, her head rested on my chest. i wrapped my arms around her and i could feel her smile.

i dont know how to feel about this. i just kissed kya and now im dancing with lin.