XXIV

theres mentions of suicide in this chapter, fyi.

bout four months later.

since a couple months have passed, i decided to start a new job. well, I've done this job before when i was younger. i talked everything over with Lin and she didn't mind that i quit working with the police force. now I'm working as a physiatrist, again. i talk to people with illnesses, mainly suicide and mass murder people. this job is way easier then a cop too, but it could also put me at death.

i was currently sitting in the break room for lunch, eating a salad.

"hey, Zuri" Jasmine said smiling. "afternoon" i reply with a smile back.

Jasmine is always happy. unless she has to deal with a client she doesn't like. she's also pretty for a woman in her 30's. she has jet black hair, bronze colored eyes, dark skin, and round glasses. she's also a non-bender.

Jasmine was hired not to long along ago. it's recommended to be a bender in case one of the patients goes on a rampage, you're there to protect yourself from harm. considering I was a cop, i think i can protect myself with the way my mother trained me when i was little.

"have you talked with Yamona yet?" Jasmine asked, sitting down in the seat across from me.

"not yet. I'm going to talk with her after I eat." I said.

"how's she been anyway?" she says opening her bottle of water. "she's getting better but also getting worse. her killing spree is haunting her and making her go insane, causing her to have suicidal thoughts." i say. "you really gotta get to the bottom of that. she's a nice girl. well, was a nice girl" Jasmine says, i nod to agree with her.

i looked at the clock and my break was over.

"I'll see you later" i say standing up and throwing my salad bowl away. "see ya" she smiles. I gave a little wave and walked out the break room.

I took the elevator up to my office so i could grab my files on Yamona.

once i got the files, i took the elevator to the basement, walking into her cell.

"hey, Yamona" i said closing the door.

"hey" she mumbles.

"is everything alright?" i ask sitting in the chair across from her bed. "yea" she says.

I gotta be careful with Yamona due to the fact she's a bloodbender. I mean, i could easily bloodbend her back if i wanted too, but it's not a full moon and neither of us know how to bloodbend without a full moon.

"how are you feeling right now?" i asked.

"tired" she replied.

i sigh. "as usual"

"talk to me Yamona, what's on your mind?"

"I'm not gonna talk" she says. "then I'll sit here until you do. I'm required to talk with you" i say.

"you know how I am about talking about my feelings"

"yes, I know, but if you talk about it you'll feel better. trust me." i said clicking my pen. "i know you like talking to me but you can't lie everytime" i said.

"how did you know?" she asked, sitting up to face me.

"your breathing picks up whenever i ask about what happened or something specific and you're always nervous and fidgeting" i say.

"that doesn't mean I'm lying" she says crossing her arms.

"Yamona, you just told me you do. you saying "how did you know" gave it away too. try not to lie, it'll make things worse, okay?" i say.