VI

i woke up to the phone ringing. i looked at the clock and its 5am. "damnit, who calls so early in the morning?" i ask myself. i walk out in the hall and see my brother already on the phone. "yeah, she just woke up. okay." he said. "its for you" he handed my the phone. "hello?" i sighed. "where are you?" lin asked. "im at my brother house." "well i need you back" i sighed. ""why?" i ask. "remember zaheer and his little friends? well, he broke out of the prison" "shit. alright ill be there as soon as i can. ill meet you at the station" i say. "good" she said and hung up.

"i gotta leave, the chief needs me back" i say hurrying to pack my shit together. "zaheer is back and so his is group" i say. "what? your joking right?" "no im not fucking joking. hes after korra again and i need to be there incase anything goes down or incase anyone gets hurt" i say. "do you want me to come with?" jai asked. "absolutely not. i dont need you getting hurt or dying." i say. "but you know im great on the battlefield and-" "stay home jai!" i say. "listen to her" mia said. "alright. if you need me, call me. i want to help" my brother said. "get out so i can change" i say. i brought my armor with just in case something happened.

i walked out the room and my brother and mia were already downstairs at the door.

"you look just like the chief, but the gold is silver for you" jai said. "i know, it was either this or whatever they wear now." i say. i looked over to mia who was eye fucking me. i smirked and looked back to jai. "ill call when everything is over" i say. he nods and i open the door. i gave him a hug and he squeezed me. "i love you and please be safe" he said. "i love you too and i will be fine" i say pulling away. "be safe out there" mia said hugging me. i felt her hands grab my ass. i giggled and let go of her.

"alright, im off" i say. they said bye and i walked out the door and got on my motorcycle, heading back to the station. jai didnt live too far, at least 30-40 mins of a drive.

-

i walked into the station and asked where the chief was. "is the chief here?" i ask. "shes in her office" an officer said. i nod and walk to the chiefs. i went to knock on the door but it flung open.

"you left without my permission?" lin said a little pissed off. "uh-" she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me in her office. "you were supposed to ask" she said. "if was a family emergency and i need to leave immediately, im sorry" i said. "just ask next time. i walked in here yesterday and asked everyone where you were and looked everywhere for you until i found out you left." lin said sitting down at her desk. i leaned against the side of her desk and watched her movements.

"whats wrong lin?" i ask. "nothing" she said. "is it the zaheer thing?" i ask. she didn't answer and started doing her paperwork. i took her pen so she couldnt write anything down. "lin, tell me, what is wrong." i say. she looks up at me and sits back in her chair. "the whole thing with zaheer is stressing me out. i mean, what is korra gets kidnapped? what if she dies? if anything happens to korra, i would feel like ive failed at being chief and-" "lin!" i yell. "calm down. it'll be fine. korra knows how to protect herself. if anything happens, she will handle it" i say. i walked around the desk and kneeled down. i grabbed her hand, hoping itll comfort her. "nothing is going to happen to korra, i promise lin. were all here to protect her and she here to protect us." i say. "your right. i dont know why im stressed about this" "no no, its okay to stressed. your a chief, shit is gonna rough" i say chuckling and standing up, which she did also. "theres nothing to worry about." i say. lin hummed and checked the clock. "we gotta go" she said grabbing my hand and dragging me along with her. "what? where?" i ask and i got no response.

-

i watched as korra played with naga and threw a ball back and forth.

"while your playing fetch, four of the most dangerous criminals in the world are hunting you down. we should get moving" lin said crossing her arms. "relax we just got here" korra said, "besides no one knows where i am right know except us" korra finished. naga walked over here and dropped the ball in front of lin. "i think she wants you to throw it for her" i say. lin just looked at the slobbery ball in front of her. "ill pass, thanks" lin said. "party pooper" i say crossing my arms.