Prologue - Remastered

Hello and welcome to my fanfic!

For context, I'm redoing the first 'season' of the story, it had lots of mistakes and stuff I'd really wanted to fix up. I won't be changing the plot for our OG readers, but for new readers, you're welcome.  

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this book, it's my first and my little baby. 

...

Y/N couldn't believe his ears. "So you're telling me that by eating this fruit, I can gain extraordinary powers, Mr...?"

Mike, with an oddly memorable name, replied, "Oxlong, Mike Oxlong."

Y/N couldn't hide his disbelief. "Mike Oxlong? Seriously?"

Mike was unfazed. "What?"

As Mr. Oxlong started to make his exit from the hidden alleyway, Y/N couldn't resist one more jab, "Did your parents really think it through when they named you?"

Just as Mike Oxlong was leaving, an unexpected event unfolded. BAM! A small red creature tumbled from above the alleyway, colliding with Mike's face, and knocking him to the ground. Taking advantage of the chaos, Y/N swiftly snatched the man's bag and skillfully navigated the maze of metal stairs and ladders in the alleyway.

Mike, in a mix of surprise and anger, shouted, "AHH! GET BACK HERE YOU BITCH! AND GET THIS THING OFF ME!"

Reaching the pinnacle of the alleyway, Y/N couldn't help but give a parting shot, "Sorry, Mr. Oxlong, heh, Oxlong."

Sometime later...

Y/N found himself far away from the alleyway, deep within a sprawling forest. His loyal companion, Rafa, was by his side.

 His loyal companion, Rafa, was by his side

Yes, you read that right. His best friend was indeed a red panda.

Y/N chuckled. "Well, would you look at that"

Y/N reached into his bag and pulled out an apple. 

A golden apple, no less.

Y/N held it up with a smirk. "The all-powerful 'Devil Fruit,' right here in my hand. Not quite."

With a deft motion, Y/N wiped the gold paint off the apple, revealing its true nature.

Y/N chuckled once more. "These guys have nothing on us, Rafa. Maybe we could pull off another stunt today."

Rafa responded with a series of characteristic panda noises.

Y/N considered this and said, "Mmm, you make a good point. I suppose it can wait. Time for a little nap, I think."

One cheesy, grilled dream later...

Y/N woke up to the soft glow of the full moon. He realized he had been asleep for quite a while. As he stretched, Rafa, his ever-awake companion, seemed to be full of energy and ready to explore.

Rafa emitted a series of cheerful panda noises.

As Rafa darted through the treetops, he felt the wind ruffle his fur, savouring the sensation.

Then, a faint sound caught Rafa's attention.

Drawn by curiosity, Rafa ventured closer to the source of the voices. As he got nearer, he recognized the voices, and a sense of fear began to wash over him.

Mike: "That little fucker must be around here somewhere."

Rafa tried to retreat, but a sudden encounter with a large black vulture sent him tumbling from a tree branch. He landed right in front of Mike and three menacing men, each brandishing a menacing machete.

Mike pointed angrily at Rafa. "You! Get over here, you little rat!"

Mike took a swing at Rafa, but the nimble red panda managed to evade the attack.

Mike snarled and yelled, "Get it!"

The entire group descended on Rafa, initiating a frantic chase through the dark forest.

Meanwhile, our protagonist, Y/N, remained blissfully asleep.

Y/N: "Mmm, bread. Oh, I'm awake."

Y/N rose from his resting spot beneath a tree and stretched, his grogginess dissipating.

Y/N: "Ah, that was great. Okay, Rafa, let's get going."

But something wasn't quite right. As Y/N got up, he felt multiple drops landing on his forehead. When he touched his head, he saw blood on his fingertips. With growing horror, he looked up.

Y/N: "R-Rafa..."

Rafa had been cruelly impaled through the chest by a massive machete, pinned to a tree. His paws had been severed, and his head brutally battered. His limbs were grotesquely twisted. Y/N dropped to his knees, tears welling up in his eyes as he gazed at his fallen friend. His eyes began to shimmer with a strange, white light.

Then...

TO BE CONTINUED

TO BE CONTINUED...