III. De Nobis Fabula Narratur

De Nobis Fabula Narratur

About Us is the Story Told

--

--

"No, no! This... isn't... possible." A distorted, angry cry reverberates as the sun slowly rises in the distance. Muzan Kibutsuji, the First Demon, had the horrifying appearance of a gigantic unborn child that was having trouble staying upright as the sun's rays struck its unholy flesh.

"I will... win! I am... going to..." Muzan let out a final cry, his upper body still writhing in agony, and directed his hideous red eyes toward the person who had successfully removed both his heart and brain.

"Hi...ka...ru..."

And just like that, the Demon King himself, Muzan Kibutsuji, the First Demon, died.

Tanjiro, Hikaru, the remnants of the Demon Slayer Corps, and a few other Kakushis who were present at the scene gazed at the last crumbling mess.

"Did we... just won?" Out loud, one of the Slayers enquired. He was followed by the slayers' own questions; they were crying with joy and shouting in victory, with a glimmer of hope in their eyes.

However, Hikaru wasn't happy at all. Gazing at the mound of ash where Muzan had perished, he felt as though his soul was empty.

They won, but at what cost?

The fact that he arrived late to the scene of Tamayo's death, when she was defending the cure from Muzan, made him hate himself. He also detested himself for not making it to Obanai and Mitsuri, who were both engaged in combat with Muzan. His anger was immense, and so he decided to take matters into his own hands. Using his "Hidden Third Form - Reversal Enlightenment," he killed Nakime and brought them back to reality, although doing so cost him his left eye.

Sanemi joins the battle alongside Gyomei, the strongest Hashira, and himself, the second strongest, and informs them of the circumstances while devising a scheme to discover Muzan's weakness. The altercation continued for an hour and a half until Tanjiro recently joined and told them what he had observed on Muzan's body.

Throughout his body were multiple hearts and brains.

The Slayers were somewhat demoralized by this, but Hikaru rallied them and helped them get ready for his next attack, which aims to remove some of Muzan's organs.

Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao join in, giving their team more strength for the grueling two hours before the sun would rise.

The six combined unleashed their full arsenal of skills, aiming far enough to prevent Muzan from being able to duck and escape. Hikaru, seeing this as a golden opportunity, braced himself by taking a stance and unleashing his "Tenth Form: St. Michael's Wings.", destroying two hearts and a brain that greatly angered Muzan.