VI. Lux in Tenebris Lucet

Lux in Tenebris Lucet

The Light that Shines in the Darkness

--

--

He thought he died, again.

No, he did not...

He remembered Dell's dying face, the Grimms.

Then the thunder.

He screamed as his eyes snapped open, taking in air through his nostrils. With his abnormal breathing, he immediately noticed the unfamiliar room he's at.

"Where...?" He paused as he sensed someone is sitting not far from his bed. Snapping his head to the unknown individual, he waited for him to say something.

"Calm down, young man." The reassuring voice spoke to him. He was sitting on a chair with a cane resting beside him. "A week ago, we noticed you unconscious near the forest. You should get more rest."

Uncertain of the man's intentions, Hikaru narrowed his eyes at the silver-haired man. "Where am I?" He asked for an explanation.

The man gets up from where he was sitting in the shadows and moves forward to show his face. "You are in the medical area of Beacon Academy, Mr. Shin."

Hikaru recognized the man, and his eyes grew wide

Hikaru recognized the man, and his eyes grew wide. "H-Headmaster Ozpin of Beacon?

On his way to Hikaru's bed, Ozpin gave a nod of agreement. "Indeed I am. After the Defence of Paschendale, Qrow was the one who discovered you unconscious in the forest."

At the name, Hikaru cocks an eyebrow. "Paschendale?"

Ozpin was shocked to learn that the young man was unaware of Dell's real identity. "Dell Obsidian withheld his real story from you?" Ozpin shook his head at the thought and answered his question. It was named Dell's Pass, the ridge you defended. Dell hated the name, which was ironic since he had defended the same pass during the Great War, fifty years earlier."

Upon hearing that from the Professor, Hikaru was stunned. "Dell participated in the War?" Ozpin nodded grimly.

Indeed. During the War he was one of Vale's most experienced captains. He was feared by many and became well-known for using his gunspear."