XI. Initium Novum

Initium Novum

A New Beginning

-----

----

Hikaru whole body jolted up from his bed as he heard an enthusiastic laugh around him. Turning around, he saw
Uzui, standing proud behind the door.

"Ah, Hikaru! Get up, my man!"

Rubbing his blurry eyes, he soon observed the Sound Hashira in an exercise outfit of a simple white t shirt and a plain brown and black striped jogging pants. "Ugh, what time is it, Uzui...? And where's-? Huh?"

He soon realizes that the other three were absent from their beds. Rengoku peeked out from the hallway as he wears his red sweater while Tomioka had his blue one. "Wow, and not even informing me? Much appreciated, Uzui."

"I think you forgot that Hikaru's the leader, Uzui?" Tomioka remarked. The Sound Hashira quietly let out an 'urk!' at the forgotten matter.

Sheepishly rubbing the back of his head, Uzui nervously laughs. "Well, I guess I forgot to remind you yesterday, Hikaru. I am truly sorry."

The teen only let out a sigh. "It's fine. But please do inform me if you guys want to do some activities."

"Will do!"

Getting out of the bed, Hikaru went to the wardrobe for him to change. But before he could enter, he stopped and said something, "If we're going for a jog, might as well go and grab our blades."

They all shared a look and grinned, knowing that was an invitation to a challenge.

-----

The sparse Beacon Academy tennis court was filled with sounds of swords clashing and voices shouting and grumbling. With the sun rising fast, the four Hashiras stopped their free-for-all spar.

Catching their breaths, Rengoku was the first to let out a heartily laugh. This was followed by a loud Uzui, and soft chuckles from Tomioka and Hikaru himself.

"Whew, I thought that you only knew Thunder, Flame and Water Breathing, but you learned Wind, Mist, and Stone as well? That I can highly commend you for practicing, Hikaru-san!" Uzui then let out another good natured laugh as he slapped Hikaru's back.

"Yeah, that's what I wanted to try and execute before. But I later realized that I can only do First Forms with it."

Tomioka sheathes his blade back, and said, "I think it is logical why you can't use the higher forms."

Hikaru nodded. "It's because of their weapons. And also the incompatibility of my body to their Breathing Styles." He stopped, and pondered onto something. "Say, Tomioka..."

The stoic teenage turns to face him, his expression slightly had a curious one. "What is it?"

"Did you ever tried to improve your Water Breathing? I mean, I know you got your signature Eleventh Form that I cannot do, but..."