VI. Silentium est Aureum

Silentium est Aureum

Silence is Golden

--

--

The setting changed as a downcast Ruby Rose is seen sitting on a chair at the opposite side of the table. Revolving around her was Glynda Goodwitch that is spearheading the interrogation, and Hikaru Shin was... silent. Arms crossed and leaning on the wall next to the exit, listening to their conversation.

"I hope you realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly, young lady. You put yourself and others in great danger."

"But- they started it! I was just-!" Ruby attempted to say her point. Glynda interrupted her quick, looking at her scroll.

"If it were up to me, you'd be sent home with a pat on the back..." Ruby's eyes lit up with hope. Glynda snapped her eyes at the young girl. "-and a slap on the wrist!"

She yelped when Glynda whipped the table in front, Hikaru merely chuckled while shaking his head.

"Professor, I think she had enough of that." Hikaru defuses and Glynda boredly glances at him as another person makes way through the door, causing them to share a silent look.

"I believe she is." Glynda nodded. Out of curiosity, Ruby peeked at whoever's at the door. "Because someone wants to talk to you."

Glynda moves to the side as the man reveals himself from the shadows, holding a plate full of cookies and his personalized coffee mug.

It was Headmaster Ozpin.

"Ruby Rose..." He starts. Leaning, he observed her face. "You have... silver eyes." This made the girl extremely uncomfortable as she tried to look away from the Headmaster's gaze.

"U-Uhm...? Please don't look at me like that..."

Hikaru rolls his eyes at the Headmaster's behavior as Ozpin straightens himself and gestured Glynda to play the video up on her scroll. "Where did you learn to do this?" He jerked his head at the footage.

"S-Signal Academy?" Ruby answered.

"They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?" He said to Ruby, and slightly looks back at Hikaru, mentally telling him to be quiet.

"Well, one teacher in particular." Ruby stated.

"I see." Is all that Ozpin replied back, before he handed over the plate of cookies at the table. She skeptically looked at the pastry before snatching a single one.

"Did you just bribed her to talk, Headmaster?" Hikaru incredulously asked. Ozpin chuckled and winked, then they saw that Ruby had already emptied the plate in seconds.

"It's just that- I've only seen one other scythe wielder of that skill before..." Ozpin affirmed. "A dusty, old crow."

Ruby hummed and spoke unintelligebly that she repeated her sentence after. "Sorry, that's my uncle, Qrow! He's a teacher at Signal!"