X. Victoriae

Victoriae

Victory

--

--

"Ruby? Why did you left Weiss up there hanging onto the Nevermore's talons?"

She shrugged in response. "Because... she doesn't want to let... go...?"

All of them facepalmed.

"Fine, I'll rescue her as well." Hikaru sighed as he gestures Rengoku and Uzui to return back to the boost position they did earlier.

"Hikaru, mind the bird. It might see you coming from below and miss your attempt." Tomioka noted.

"Or let her fall? Then you catch her like a heroic prince! Hah!" Uzui bellowed.

"You know what? I'm down for option two..." Hikaru gave them a signal as the two Hashiras aimed their arms lower. "Now, ready, set...!"

Hikaru runs ahead and jumped onto their arms before it propelled himself up into the air with a boom.

Like a bullet, Hikaru anticipated Weiss' fall and took a deep breath. Thankfully, the Nevermore didn't saw him yet but Weiss did, eyes narrowed at the Demon Slayer, before it widens in shock.

"Hikaru?! What are you-?!"

"Let go of the talons! Trust me!" Hikaru yelled. Hesitant at first, but then, she opened her hand and followed his advice.

Weiss screamed as she fell. "KYAAAAAHHH!"

The Nevermore heard her screams and stops its flight, looking at the falling white dot and an ascending gold person. It raised its wings and flapped, sending two of its sharp feathers at them.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Hikaru muttered as he took a deep breath and clenched his teeth. "Need... to think on how to do it... both!"

Weiss gasps as she saw the incoming feathers"HIKARUU! INCOMING FEATHERS!" She screamed for him to hear her voice.

"IT'S FINE!" He yelled back. "HOLD YOURSELF TIGHT AND DON'T FLINCH!"

As the distance between them gets closer and closer, Hikaru uttered his breathing.

Meanwhile, on the ground, the atmosphere was tense. Yang, Ruby, and Blake are all watching nervously as they saw Hikaru drawing his sword.

"Wait-! Why is he pulling his weapon out?!" Ruby asks in fear.

"You three need to stop him!" Blake added, "He might've do it wrong!"

However, the three ignored them and just observed the dire situation. Rengoku had his arms folded, calmly, Uzui watches as he leans on a pillar, and Tomioka was... Tomioka for a sense.

"Calm down, girl." Rengoku's cold voice slightly sent shivers onto their spines. He then raised his finger and pointed at Hikaru's stance. "I can see that you are observant in terms of fighting stances. Tell me, what do you notice at his stance? Who do you think he's aiming for?"