Chapter 12 - A Game

A somber atmosphere permeated the room, the distinct scent of fresh flowers and burning incense filling the air. A young child, no more than ten years old, stood in front of a beautifully crafted wooden coffin. His small hands clutched the side of the casket, tears streaming down his face, leaving streaks on his cheeks.

Beside him stood a tall, imposing figure, dressed in ceremonial robes. The priest's face was obscured by the shadow of his hood, and only his piercing eyes were visible. He gazed down at the child, a sense of authority and mystery emanating from him.

"Taejoon," the priest began, his voice deep and resonant. "This world is cruel and unforgiving. It only knows how to take from those who are weak, those who are strong enough."

Taejoon looked up at the priest, his eyes red-rimmed from crying.

The priest leaned closer, his voice dropping to a whisper. "That's the nature of this world. If you want something, you must take it. Even if it means hurting others, even if it means trampling over their dreams and hopes. The world owes you nothing, and it will continue to take from you unless you fight for what you desire."

The lavish office of the Syndicate headquarters was filled with the soft glow of dim lights. The walls were adorned with pictures of celebrities, politicians, and business tycoons. In the center of the room, a large mahogany desk held various dossiers and photographs.

Sitting behind the desk was Taejoon, now a grown man with sharp features and a cold, calculating gaze. He picked up a picture of Aespa, his fingers lingering over their faces. Next to it was a photo of you, your mysterious aura evident even in the still image.

Taejoon's eyes turned into a glare, the memory of the priest's words still fresh in his mind. "I will take," he murmured, his voice filled with conviction. "I will take everything."

Chapter 12 - A Game

As the morning sun streamed through the curtains, Giselle groaned, feeling the effects of last night's alcohol consumption. Her head pounded, and her stomach churned uncomfortably. She barely remembered getting back to the dorm, and she felt a deep sense of embarrassment as the memories of her actions started to flood back.

There was a soft knock on her door, and she squinted as it opened, revealing you standing there with a concerned look on your face.

"How are you feeling?" you asked gently, stepping into the room.

"Like death," Giselle mumbled, covering her face with her hands. "I'm so sorry for last night. I didn't mean to... I mean, I didn't want to..."

"It's okay," you interrupted, sitting down on the edge of her bed. "You don't need to apologize. But you do look like you could use some help. Back in my hometown, there's a special massage technique. Would you like me to try it?"

Giselle looked up at you, her eyes filled with gratitude. "Please, I'll try anything at this point."

You smiled reassuringly and instructed her to sit up. As you placed your hands on her head, you channeled a small amount of Qi, using it to ease her pain and nausea. Giselle's eyes widened in surprise as she felt the pain in her head start to dissipate, replaced by a feeling of relief and clarity.

"Wh-what did you just do?" she asked in awe, looking up at you.

"Just a little technique I know," you said with a smirk. "Feeling better?"

"Much," she said, smiling. "Thank you, (Y/N). Really, thank you for taking care of me last night, and for not... taking advantage of the situation."

You shook your head, looking down. "I could never do that to you, Aeri. I care about you too much."