ֆɛʋɛռȶɛɛռ

What the? An arrow? I look up. I take out my sword. Maya jumps up in a startle. I see figures dressed in cloaks running around. Another arrow gets fired. I dodge it. Maya takes out Eagle Claw.

"Who are these guys?" Maya asks.

"I don't know. I'm just glad we're fighting together." I say.

She smiles and blushes almost. A man charges at me like a jaguar. I create a shield from the green fire. The sword slams into my shield. I look at my opponent. His face was blocked by a mask. His mask was a mixture of red and brown. It looks like the color of a swamp. His blade was curved. His blade was covered in old age, as it rusts. Brown rust covers the handle. Yet his blade is still sharp.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"The real question is who are you?" He hisses.

His voice was staggering, and his breath was withering. I kick him aside. Maya jumps from behind me and slams her blade into the man's. Another soldier charges from behind me. I jump up and stand in the air. Maya jumps back. I grab her before she falls.

"I missed this." I say.

"So did I." Maya blushes.

I let down my guard. A sword slashes my shoulder. Hard. I wince. The metal digs into my skin and flesh. I grab his sword and break it. Maya slams her sword into his face. That's my girl. More men jump out.

"Why are you fighting beside this creature?" One asks.

"He's my boyfriend." Maya says.

I look at her in surprise. She smiles at me. I smile back. The other men surround us. Their faces blocked by a mask. 

"Bat hombre, let's show them why we're the prophecy." Maya says.

"With pleasure, mi chica." I say.