Father Return to Ohio

Before my father returned to Ohio from Bennington he called me and said "I need to live somewhere where I have friends." His intent was to leave everything behind in Bennington because he was able to access a couple thousand from my mother's teacher retirement after she passed, so he was financially capable. I would still call my father almost every other night to check in, but none of our conversations were happy.

One day when I was outside of the library when I called my father and his words were 'I want to watch you go through Ohio State University like I did." My basic response was that I wouldn't allow him given he was never there as a father to me and is just a complete stranger. He asked me how classes were going and I told him I was part of the tennis club and philosophy club which he thought was great, but I informed him it was all but miserable. I hated college given the life events that occurred to me prior to.

After smoking cigarettes for a few months I had some oral problems so I went to see the doctor on campus. They already charge your student account so it is accessible by any student that ys tuition. Anyways in the doctor appointment I told her that a few months ago my mother died from a 3-year battle with cancer and my father was still alive. She strongly urged me to reconnect with him and be his friend." I was so torn by my childhood that I wouldn't allow that to happen."

I know I can't place sole blame on myself and my feelings towards my father contributing to his early death. He put me through a lot of trauma, but Bryce I think is one that holds more responsibility for my father's demise. My brother was literally a ten minute drive from my father and he had a working vehicle yet he never spent time with him. My father did so much for my brother it is beyond reason why he essentially abandoned him. He should have taken my place as my father's keeper once I went back to Ohio to attend Ohio ST, but he didn't, and so my father was left alone in his apartment with no one to talk to or friends to hang out with.

In hindsight it was a huge mistake to go back to Ohio or even to attend Ohio ST in the first place.

You see I got into a fairly large number of colleges, but my family didn't have a working vehicle or time to take me to tour campuses like Baylor, or Rice, so instead, after taking a thirty-minute walk on ST's campus with Damien I elected to just go there. I was originally torn between ST and UT I just wanted to get a degree from a reputable business school, but again I didn't even have a way of getting to Austin to see the campus. I grew up in Ohio, my father went to Ohio ST and loved it, and I was accepted into the business school which only accepts 20% of applicants.