Lawsuits in Bennington Arkansas.

In the process of preparing my Grandmother's house at Grand once she had been moved to Comfort Care and I was living in Rochester I made weekly trips to do laundry and visit her so given the time I was there my sister wanted to have work done on the house to prepare it for sell. One piece of the house that needed work was the laying down of tile and so my sister looked around and found some people that would be able to do the work. She had one professional guy come out and measure but he had so much work already that he couldn't take on the job. Another person my sister contacted and is the basis of this entry tried to sue my sister whenever she proposed the job to him, but didn't agree with his price and he wanted to start as soon as possible. The man would text my sister everyday asking when he could start. Logically his desire to start was because he had no other work, which meant that he likely wasn't a very good fit for the job. The only reason why my sister was debating hiring him was because he said he had a disability and needed work, but really what happened was I told my sister to stop even texting him back because he claimed he was going to contact his lawyer and sue my sister for the cost of the job he wasn't given. This is the sort of people that live in godforsaken Bennington, Arkansas.

The next lawsuit my sister had to deal with, that's right my sister was sued more than once or the threat of lawsuit. Once the work was completed at Grand my sister put it on the market a sell by owner I believe because the house sold itself, we had three different offers within the first week. Anyways one day when I made the trip from Rochester to help pack up some items that needed removed from Grand, there was a couple that was already there and was checking out the house. I feel bad because they spent over an hour going over everything and really had a plan. The problem was after starting the listing and after the tours of several interested buyers my brother put a liz pen on the property, keeping us from being able to sell it. The couple really wanted the house, so much so that when my sister informed them we couldn't sell it due to my brother they filed charges against my sister since she had already signed a contract, not to sell, but a general contract. The couple likely didn't know my sister has had a personal lawyer for three years thanks to my brother and that both him and my brother's lawyer had to work together on the case. We won and the couple had to pay probably over $1,000 in legal fees between us and her lawyer. It really is a bad situation, I really wanted them to have the house, but my brother once again stopped my sister and I from being able to help others out.