The Meeting

Loki was the God of Mischief, heir to Jötunheimr and Prince of Asgard yet all his titles had still led him here. Forcefully working alongside his oaf of a brother Thor as an Avenger, how his brother had convinced Odin (the allfather for crying out loud) to let him spend the rest of his sentence out on Midgard was a mystery to him. Then again Thor was always the 'favourite' child in their father's eyes, technically Odin wasn't even his father to begin with but still, it hurt all the same even if Loki never admitted it.

He was sat in Stark Tower on one of the couches in the penthouse, in what was beginning to be called the 'family room'. Holding a book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other, Loki was almost at peace until he heard the irritating voice of Tony Stark. The man at which Loki loathed the most out of Thor's pathetic mortal friends.

As Stark entered the room, Loki didn't even bother to lift his head, he couldn't care less about what the tin can had to say let alone look at his smug face as he said it.

"Alright avengers, we need to have a little pep talk" Tony said to the room.

" 'Bout what Stark?" Nat said from her place on the floor next to Clint, they had previously been playing a video game but had put the controller's down to listen to Tony.

"Yeah, I hope it's important 'cause I was about to whoop Nat's ass" Clint said a little frustrated at Tony.

"Language!!!" Steve said from the other side of the room where he had been stood drinking his coffee.

"Relax Capsicle, It's about Pete" Tony said crossing his arms.

"Ah you mean Man of Spiders?" Thor said in his booming and cheerful voice from next to Loki on the couch, he was the only one comfortable being near him compared to the rest of the Avengers.

"Yeah him, listen he's coming by soon and I need you all to be on your best behaviour" Tony said pointing a finger to all of them.

"Tony, we've never had any problems with Peter before, what's different now?" Bruce asked from behind him. He had just come back from the lab and was wiping his hands with a towel.

"Yeah I mean he's even been calling us his Aunt's and Uncle's, which is so adorable by the way" Nat said, it was rare for her to form connections with people that fast, but Peter was a special case.

"I'm well aware of that Nat, but I'm talking more about the psychotic maniac in the room" Tony said, directing his attention to Loki who hadn't moved or said anything so far. Suddenly all eyes were on him and he was forced to look up.

"You think so little of me Stark". Loki said squinting and grinning playfully as he tilted his head sideways at Tony.

"I agree that my brother has made mistakes in the past-". Thor said before getting cut off.

"You mean him killing 80 people in 2 days?" Nat interrupted.

"Once again. Brainwashed." Loki said sternly towards Natasha.

"Wow, wonder what that's like..." Clint muttered loud enough for Loki to hear as he shot him a glare.

"-However, my brother has since changed for the better, and I do not believe he would harm the spider-ling so there is no need to fear friend Stark!" Thor finished with a broad smile as he patted Loki's shoulder. Loki gave him a death stare and Thor retracted his hand, fearing for his life.

"You may trust him Thor but I don't so if any of you see the Kid get too close to Loki make sure to keep him away." Tony said, he was obviously very protective of Peter and it had even become a joke around the tower but then again so were the rest of the avengers. Having Peter around was like a breath of fresh air especially considering what they'd all been through in the past.