chapter8👑

Jungkook and Jenni were sitting at the dining table, getting ready to eat lunch, while Taehyung stood beside Jungkook, maintaining his stoic posture.

"Hyungie, eat with us," Jungkook ordered the elder, but Taehyung didn't budge. He was on duty and didn't want to do something that was not allowed, again.

"I am fine, his royal highness," he deadpanned.

Jungkook frowned and pouted, looking at him.

"I think my bodyguard has the audacity to deny a royal, not only once but twice," Jungkook threw his last card. He was aware that the elder was loyal to his duty and could never, in a million years, think of defying the orders of the royals. That would be considered a sin by Taehyung.

Taehyung panicked and kneeled in front of the younger. "May light strike me before I defy your orders, his royal highness."

Jungkook didn't like it at all. He felt his heart drop watching the elder kneeling in front of him.

"You just defied my order in that sentence itself," Jungkook said. "And you are not allowed to kneel in front of me or anyone else, and it's an order," he added. Taehyung felt his heart warming at such a sentence.

Then something struck Jungkook's mind.

"Wait, there is an amendment: get on your knees only one more time in your whole life, that too only in front of me," Jungkook said, smiling while showing his bunny teeth.

Taehyung was confused by this weird order. He stood up with a confused frown on his face.

Jenni was watching the duo with sharp eyes. She looked at Taehyung's confused face and muttered under her breath, "this dense bish ," shaking her head in disappointment.

"Now, come sit," Jungkook patted the seat near him.

Taehyung slowly walked and sat. Only then did he realize how close the prince and he were sitting—so close that the prince's leg was touching Taehyung's.

Taehyung immediately tried to create distance, but he felt a hand wrapping around his bicep, pulling him towards the prince.

"Don't you dare move," Jungkook glared at him, pointing a fork at him with one hand while the other was on the elder's bicep.

Taehyung breathed out a heavy breath and started eating with his trembling hands.

He couldn't believe that he was touching royalty. He considered it a sin. According to him, the royals were untouchable and should be respected. In his view, touching Jungkook was a disrespect to the prince, but he couldn't do anything. This cute prince was stubborn.

Jenni watched the whole scene unfold in front of her with squinted eyes while eating. She observed everything—the way the prince glanced at the elder and then suddenly got shy and looked away. She could only come to one conclusion, and her eyes shot up when she hit the target.

"Oh my God!" she suddenly shouted, causing both Jungkook and Taehyung to flinch.

"Are you okay, baby?" Taehyung asked worriedly, and Jungkook's soul officially flew to the sky. Immediately, blood rushed to his cheeks and neck, painting it scarlet.

"Baby?" Taehyung asked again when he received no reaction from the younger.

"Oh, yes, hyungie, I am good," Jungkook assured while looking everywhere but at him.

"Um, noona, what happened to you?" Jungkook asked her to divert his mind from that 'baby' word. Jungkook was bold and confident, only until Taehyung did something, and then all of Jungkook's boldness went out of the window, leaving him only shy.