chapter 14👑

Kim Taehyung entered the chamber of the beautiful prince sharply at 7 a.m., a bit nervous about the events of the past night. He found the prince already in his chamber, dressed in a pastel-colored hoodie and capri jeans.

"His Royal Highness, today you have lunch with the prince" a servant informed the prince.

Unknowingly, the bodyguard's breath hitched.

The prince spared a glance at his bodyguard, "Mr. Kim, your hours of duty start at 8 a.m. You don't need to visit this early," the prince said calmly, seemingly unfazed by the events of the previous night when he had poured his heart out to the man in front of him.

Taehyung's heart clenched at the words. He may or may not have come early in the morning to gaze at the sleeping prince, deliberately delaying waking him until 7:30 a.m. to buy himself time to admire the prince's beauty.

"As you order, princess ," Taehyung replied.

"And yes, you don't have to comply with my orders. I'm revoking both promises," Jungkook said calmly, devoid of emotion as he looked straight at his bodyguard.

Taehyung was certain his heart felt like it was breaking at those words.

"As you order, Your Royal Highness."

Jungkook simply nodded and turned to look at the mirror.

"I will have breakfast with Prince Minotasa " Jungkook announced to his maids.

As he left the chamber, it was the first time Jungkook walked ahead of his bodyguard instead of beside him. Usually, Jungkook found ways to be near his guard, but not today.

"Good morning, Your Royal Highness," Minotasa greeted the  pretty prince as they sat in a café, the entire place booked for the royals, with only the workers present.

"Minotasa , what will it take for you to be as you were with me before?" Jungkook said with an eye roll.

"I guess another date," Minotasa  laughed.

"Sure, take me  on another one," Jungkook smiled at him and Minotasa  pulled out a chair like a gentleman, for jungkook  earning a smile from the pretty prince

"So, what's up with your sister Runako?" Jungkook asked.

"Always being the brat she is, she's visiting the Kingdom of Korea next week for a project," Izumi informed.

"Is that so? I'd love to meet her; after all, she's my future sister-in-law," Jungkook laughed.

Taehyung stood listening to their conversation, appearing calm outwardly, unlike his turbulent emotions.

"Jungkook, I want us to be clear about everything as we're going to marry," Minotasa  said with seriousness.

"Yes, , I understand. I'll answer everything honestly," Jungkook replied with the same seriousness.

"I... I wanted to ask you about your previous relationships," he hesitated.

"Why are you so nervous? You're going to be my husband ; you should know these things," Jungkook smiled warmly at him.

Now, Taehyung's heartbeat quickened, thumping loudly in his ears.

"I've never been in a relationship," Jungkook said.

Minotasa breathed out in relief.

"Although I cared deeply for someone, to tell you the truth I loved that person," Taehyung felt like fainting upon hearing this.

"But that person was a coward. I promise, Minotasa , I'll learn to love you. It might take time, but I'll keep trying because I want to give all the love I have to my life partner, and I know you deserve it all," Jungkook added.

Now Taehyung's heart slowed down, almost as if it stopped beating altogether. Unbeknownst to him, tears gathered in his eyes, and when he realized it, he tried to distract himself, but his thoughts inevitably returned to the prince's words.

Taehyung's thoughts was interrupted by the prince's  voice.

"I... I've liked you for a long time now, Jungkook," Minotasa  confessed.

Taehyung felt like something shattered inside of him.

---

Ur thoughts?

So my another precious reader Runako 's character is introduced in this chapter.

I feel so bad writing even a Lil bit of angst.

( Not me saying this after writing 'my lovely jungkookie ', the epitome of angst 💀)