chapter 26👑

Namjoon stood up to leave, tears welling in the bodyguard's eyes. Jimin patted his best friend sympathetically.

Suddenly, the conference room door was thrust open by none other than Jungkook himself.

Everyone flinched. Namjoon froze in his tracks. Jungkook looked at his boyfriend, who was on the verge of breaking down.

Rushing to him, Jungkook enveloped him in his arms, hiding the older man's face in his chest, despite Taehyung being taller.

Jungkook glared at his shocked brother. How dare the Crown Prince bring tears to his love's eyes?

Namjoon was too flabbergasted to react. Wasn't his brother in love with Prince Minotasa ?

"Hyung, you brought tears to my hyungie's eyes. I will never talk to you," the young prince declared, glaring at his brother.

Namjoon was utterly confused.

"Baby—" Namjoon started but was cut off harshly by the young prince.

"Don't call me that. I take away the right for you to call me nicknames,  after you hurt my love," Jungkook pouted.

Namjoon's eyes widened.

Jimin approached his bewildered brother.

"It's not Prince Minotasa whom Jungkook loves. It's Taehyung, the same person he cried over for weeks," he explained, trying to make his elder brother understand.

Namjoon's eyes grew even wider.

"And who wants to be a prince when I can be my hyungie's queen forever?" Jungkook declared confidently.

Taehyung separated himself from Jungkook.

"Love, you can't do this, please," he pleaded with the younger man.

But Jungkook paid no heed to his beloved.

"I, Jeon Jungkook, give up my title as the third prince of the Kingdom of Korea," Jungkook dropped the bombshell.

"Love, you can't .." Taehyung choked on his sobs.

Namjoon and Jimin were too stunned to speak. They both knew Jungkook loved his childhood crush, but they didn't know he loved him so much that he gave up his royalty.

"Baby, what did you do?" Taehyung sobbed.

Jungkook wiped the tears from the elder man's cheeks and kissed his eyes.

"Nothing matters, hyungie. Only you and I matter. I don't like this suffocating royalty. Take me away from here, far away, where it's just you, me, Tanni and bami ,  only the four  of us," Jungkook said with a smile.

Taehyung looked at his beloved with all the love in the world.

"But baby, you don't have to give up on royalty," Taehyung said, leaning his head against his boyfriend's.

"Hyungie, I am selfish. I am selfish for your love. I am selfish to live with you. Don't think I am sacrificing, because I am not. You don't know how much I prayed not to be born into royalty when I realized you were keeping your distance because I am a prince. You don't know how much I loathe being a prince when I realized you left me because I am a prince. You don't know how suffocating it feels to have this title and not be free to love someone just because of it.

"Hyungie, I don't want to carry this weight anymore. Please set me free. I am begging you," Jungkook poured his heart out, a lone tear escaping his eye as he remembered his days of yearning.

Taehyung pressed his lips against the younger's , kissing him passionately in front of the Crown Prince. He wasn't afraid, not when his lover was this determined.

Namjoon watched them both with a smile, while Jimin smiled at the Crown Prince.

"Love needs guts," he remarked.

"It does," Namjoon replied.

The two lovers parted, and Taehyung kissed the younger man's cheeks, eyes, forehead, nose, chin, and finally pecked his lips. Entwining their fingers, Taehyung stood before the Crown Prince.

"Your Royal Highness, I request you to accept our love. We wish to marry with the family's agreement," Taehyung stated, implying they would marry regardless, but their happiness depended on family consent.

"Brother-in-law, if I see a single tear in my brother's eyes, I will behead you then and there," Namjoon warned the younger man.

Taehyung couldn't contain his happiness; finally, the Crown Prince gave permission.

Jungkook hugged his boyfriend—or rather, his fiancé—protectively.

"Hyung, don't you dare scare my fiancé," he warned his brother, glaring at him.

Laughter erupted in the hall.