chapter 10👑

"Jungkook stands there on the stairs that lead to the ball. He takes a deep breath. All the eyes in the hall anticipate his arrival. He was the last royal to arrive. Known by the name of the prettiest prince to exist, everyone was waiting to get a chance to see his face in person. Everyone wondered, is the prince as pretty as in the pictures on the internet?

Seeing all eyes on him, his anxiousness increased. In dim light, he could still see the faces of people. His eyes roamed in search of the person he wants to see, he observed the hall but didn't find him.

"His Royal Highness, step forward, everyone is expecting you," a lady, his personal maid, spoke. He looked at her.

"I am waiting for hyungie to arrive," he said just above a whisper.

Jungkook took his time to get ready. He wants his hyungie to see him first. He was adorned in cream-colored dress pants, neck adorned with a pretty necklace, ears with gems, his head was adorned with a shiny crown. His legs trembling in anticipation.

Suddenly the door of the hall opened, and Jungkook's eyes looked at the entrance to see a silhouette of a person. The person entered the hall, and the dim lights lit up his face, the face Jungkook was yearning to see. Eyes met and magic happened. Jungkook's heart raced, and he stepped down the stairs. The prince whose silhouette was seen by everyone, now his beautiful face was on display.

Gasps could be heard. The prince attended this ball after 16 years. Murmurs erupted in the hall. But now the prince didn't go anxious because he was succumbed to the allure of the eyes of his bodyguard.

It felt like he was again an 8-year-old kid, same ambiance, same lights, same place, and same eyes. They were the same eyes that looked at Jungkook the same way as they were looking at him 16 years ago.

16 years ago…

A small prince was walking down the stairs with his personal maid that he called 'ajumma.' The small child grew anxious, his eyes all puffy, chubby cheeks pink, his button nose red. It was clear that the baby prince cried a lot.

He looked everywhere in the hall, and his eyes landed on a boy, maybe 3-4 years older than him. He was looking at the prince with concern. He was standing with the prince's Dehyun uncle.

The prince kept looking at that boy with a pout and him sniffling.

The boy waved at the prince, smiling at the baby. The boy made funny faces for the prince so that he remained distracted from the eyes of the people in the ball, and it worked. The prince soon started giggling while walking towards the crowd. His brothers waited for the prince to come to him, but the prince made his way towards the boy.

"Who are you?" the prince asked the boy with his innocent eyes.

"I am Kim Taehyung, my prince," the boy said while smiling.

"Taehyungie hyung," the prince repeated the name for himself while pouting.

"I am Jungkookie," the prince introduced himself, showing his bunny teeth.
"I know, my prince," the boy replied.

"How can you know me when I don't know you," the little prince asked Taehyung with confused eyes and a pout.

"Now you know me," Taehyung said while smiling.

"Right," Jungkook showed his bunny smile.

"His Royal Highness, would you like to go to the 2nd prince?" the maid asked.

"No, wanna stay with tae tae hyungie," the prince denied going to the second prince.

"Hyungie, why are you holding hands with Dahyun uncle?" the prince asked.