Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Forty-Two

The light bled through the curtains, falling onto Dylan's face. She groaned in sleepy displeasure, turning over and coming into contact with a warm, bare chest.

A firm weight settled on her waist. Max's arm was laying across her and he pulled her in closer. The warmth wrapped around her and she sighed in satisfaction at the smell of him. This was bliss.

"Morning." He mumbled, placing a kiss on her head.

Dylan shifted in his embrace before pausing as a dull ache spread through her lower stomach. The memories of last night flooded to the forefront of her brain and she fought to hide the smug smile on her face. Max Verstappen was very good in bed.

He noticed her movements, "You good?"

"Bit sore." She admitted, turning around to face him, "Been a while."

Max didn't even bother to hide his proud smirk and Dylan was rolling her eyes. Of course he would get a kick out of her discomfort, knowing exactly what caused it.

She decided a change of topic was needed, "Did you like the club?"

"Was definitely a memorable first trip there."

"Oh, God yeah, I'm remembering it now. Wow, I can't believe I got so angry last night." Dylan groaned, "I've not been that mad since shouting at you in Italy."

"Well, now we can add Spain to the list of places where you've shouted at me." Max chuckled, tucking a piece of hair out of her face.

"Not funny." She smiled, "I really am sorry for shouting at you though, it's not a constructive way to communicate."

"Hey, it's okay, you had every right to be mad at me. Even without our chat, I knew you were the only one for me and I should've pushed her away more. It's just..."

He trailed off and she frowned in concern, "What?"

"Do you remember after our meeting, when she asked me to stay behind?"

"Yes..." Dylan said, her suspicion suddenly growing.

"She just showed me a bunch of boring papers, it was a complete waste of time but..."

"Tell me, please." She urged.

"Nothing happened, she just sort of suggested that she had the power to ban us from dating if she wanted to, under the HR rules of the company. I'm sure she's talking shit but I've been wary of her." He ran a hand through his hair, "She's fucking intense."

Dylan's eyes widened at the revelation, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to worry you."

She knew something had been off with that meeting and with Lindsey in general. The familiar anger from last night resurfaced once more and she shook her head in disbelief, "I can't believe her! What a bitch!"

"Have you signed the HR agreement?" He asked, nonplussed by her outburst.

"Yeah, my uncle's lawyer looked over it on Friday morning and then he sent it back to Helen before the video went out. Have you?"

Max nodded, "So we have an agreement that confirms our relationship is fine within the team. Let's not worry about anything else for now. If it continues to be a problem, I'll have a word with Christian."

It was not that easy for Dylan to stop worrying but she tried to push it to the back of her mind for Max's sake and not let it ruin any more of their time together.

They chatted in bed for a bit longer, enjoying the time to relax and get over their hangovers. Dylan always had a piercing headache after shots, but thankfully she wasn't feeling nauseous. Max, on the other hand, was looking a little green since he'd sat up and he groaned when Lando called and suggested they get breakfast together.