|82| • Amelia

"You don't have to. I can take the bus. Besides, you took a half day off yesterday, remember?" I cooed, grinning from ear to ear at how adamant Everest was talking about dropping me off at school. He pouted, pulling me by my waist.

After spending the night at his family's house, we returned to the apartment the next day, which I was grateful for. It was nice having him back here; the apartment didn't feel so lonely anymore.

Seeing as it was almost time to head out for class, I told him so, and he offered to drop me off.

"I don't mind going a bit late to work." He said, peppering kisses on my cheeks. They tickled my skin and made me grin, holding his shoulders with tipped toes. "I'll be okay, baby. Besides, when you teach me to drive, you'll rest assured knowing I'll drive myself to class." I snickered, kissing his pouted lips.

Everest hummed, holding onto my waist, "Have I told you that I love when you call me baby?"

My cheeks felt hot as he pointed this out, I didn't call him this often because the words sometimes betrayed me and got stuck in my throat. "Yes, yes you have." I teased, he was like a big teddy bear, hence the endearment. Evie grinned, looking dashing in his clothes. We had set out at five o'clock in the morning so we could reach the apartment before my classes started. Seeing as I had on another of his oversized shirts and shorts, I went in to change.

"And you look pretty in my shirt." He complimented slyly. Okay, maybe I decided to leave the shirt on and replace the shorts with a pair of leggings matching with a pair of chunky sandals. His polo stopped mid-thigh, so it didn't entirely swallow my body.

After yesterday and our conversation, it was safe to say that I was currently gliding on the clouds. Knowing he was going to be patient with me gave me the reassurance I needed, as though it wasn't enough, he'd been exceptionally thoughtful and cute since we woke up. "I do, don't I?" I responded to his compliment with sass and he squeezed my waist with a smirk of his own. I honestly preferred the loose fitting of his polo to mine, it gave me warmth and the scent would remind me of him. Who wouldn't want to be scenting like their man?

"And I was thinking...have you stopped going to therapy?" I knew he wasn't anywhere near the apartment these past few days and the thought of him driving for therapy seemed like an odd chance. From how long he'd taken to tell me, I realised it was probably a touchy subject, perhaps that was why my voice lowered when I asked him this. Everest sighed, narrowing his eyes.

"I have...unfortunately." He looked like a baby receiving a scolding. I almost giggled at this but we were being serious here. "That's okay," Were my pacifying words, cupping both of his chin to caress it. "It doesn't matter as long as you give it another go, right?" Surely he didn't think of stopping.

This time, he smiled. "I guess you're right. I should probably call her to reschedule." Those were like music to my ears. "That's my baby." I decided to tease and the reaction was even better than before. He smiled, looking away. From the way he acted, I assumed only one thing;

"Are you blushing, old man?" Teasing him was much more fun than before. He groaned, trying to pull my hands away as I tugged on his cheeks. "Am I your baby or an old man, hm?" He replied with a playful scoff. I giggled, tilting my head at his cute pout.

"Who said you can't be both?"

"Well, this old baby wants a kiss." He cooed, pulling me in. His words made my giggle turn into a laugh, especially with his pouted lips which were ready for a smooch.

"Old baby?" Where did he get that from? Tip-toeing to reach, I left a quick peck on his lips making him hum. "I love you," Where was all this boldness coming from? Maybe it was just the newly found certainty that fuelled it. Gently placing another kiss on his lips, I smiled against them. Evie was already smiling against my lips, his opening to speak.