He lies...and He knows

Ok....final upload before this year ends.....Thank you so much for reading this book. I love you all but please guys, vote for it. I really want 500 votes before I upload my next chapter ...It would really make my next year a great start!! Just FYI, its an unedited chapter so expect mistakes...I have tried to avoid making one, but still...Ignore them.

WISHING EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR !! Happy reading, peeps...

I don't know how long I sat in my room stunned. I did not know how to feel or think. I heard my Mom call me for dinner, " Tia, beta niche aana...khana start kar rae hai sab" (Tia, come downstairs, we all are starting dinner"

I quickly sat up and rushed downstairs. I had a small hope that maybe he had not left and I would see him at the table.

When I reached I scanned the room and saw everyone but him. Why did he have to listen to me the ONE TIME I did not want him to? Why was this affecting me so much though? Wasn't this what I wanted since long?

"Tia, where is Adrian? Why don't you call him down as well?"

I had nothing to say. Weirdly, my brother came to my rescue," Maa, he left urgently as he got a call from his company. He said to tell you all sorry as he could not be here for dinner". Then he looked at me and continued, "I am pretty sure, he will join us next time." I really had nothing to say. Was there going to be any 'next time'?

My mom looked at me and went silent. She understood that something had happened. I was already shit scared to tell her that I was pregnant and now I had to explain all these. Dinner passed peacefully and I went back to my room. My Mom followed me upstairs and I knew that I had to tell her everything.

" Is everything all right, Tia? I know something happened and you are not sharing with me. Who is Adrian and why did you not tell me about him before?"

"Mom, don't worry, everything is alright and Adrian is just a friend. There is nothing going on between us and he was coming just to drop me off here. He had a meeting and we have been booked for one of his events."

"I am not stupid, Tia. I can see the looks between you two. I know Noah is not in the picture anymore and Adrian seems to be a good guy. I mean, I have not met him properly but he looks to be from a good family."

"What are you talking about? FAMILY!!! We are not getting married, Maa. Please, stop that over thinking mind of yours and I am all right and you are going to sleep now. Good night, Mum!!" She looked straight into my eyes and placed her hand on top of mine. I hugged her tightly and she kissed my forehead which felt so reassuring. She left me all confused and now more tensed about tomorrow.

##############################################################

Next day starts early with Jay whacking me on the head.
" Hey lazy, come on...get up, its already 8 and all the guests are here. Khushi Aunty is also here ....and she has started asking about you"

No no no no!!! Not her. She is the worst at bitching about others...and I really hope that she doesn't get to know about my situation. Thankfully I did not have any morning sickness.

" Leave, Bhai....I will freshen up and come downstairs. God, why do I have to face this day?"

" Well , you could have had Adrian's support, but u had to go and hug Noah....that addict ass of all people"

" Hey, shut up. I was not hugging himmm...wait a minute, how come you know this? Were you spying on me?"

" Yes and I heard everything. Come on Sis....who is Adrian? How does he come into the picture?"