Chapter 7. The Fear-Bringer

A/N: Shout-out to EssJayTOH on DeviantArt for helping me with the writing. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

...

Sturm was not known for liking the same things as other teens his age. Parties were one of the things he did not even remotely enjoy. He didn't even know why he accepted Skara's invitation to her birthday. He probably should have thought it through.

Skara's parents celebrated their daughter's birthday together during the day but were out of town for the night, so their daughter had the house all to herself. They knew she could host a party alone, so they allowed her to invite her classmates as long as she cleaned up the place.

In Sturm's opinion, she had invited too many friends. Sturm was antisocial, so naturally, he was rarely comfortable in the presence of others. The lighting hurt his eyes, and the music gave him an unusual urge to scratch his ears.

At least he was relieved that Amity didn't show up, and the food was good, specifically the sweets. But those were the only good things about it.

While the rest of the partygoers were occupied with other activities, Sturm, along with Skara, Boscha, and a handful of other classmates, sat in a circle with a bottle at the center (No worries, it never had any alcohol). Sturm was there because of Boscha's insistence.

"So what's the game again?" Boscha asked.

"It's my version of Truth or Dare!" Skara smiled, making Sturm cringe for a bit. "First, I'll spin this little bottle right here."

Skara reached over the bottle and made it spin. As it lost momentum, the bottle pointed at Amelia, the green-haired witch from the Plant Track. Everyone turned their attention to her before Skara continued to explain the rules.

"Now, the way that this works is that if the bottle is pointed at you, you get to choose anyone you want and ask them, 'Truth or Dare?'"

Amelia looked around, unsure of whom she could choose. Then her eyes landed on Sturm. It was the student she knew the least, so she thought it would be interesting.

"Uh, Sturm! Truth or dare?"

Everyone looked at Sturm, who was taken aback to be chosen so early. Regardless, he decided to play along.

"Dare?"

"You're like, super, super quick, right?"

"Yeah."

"I dare you to carry me and run outside as fast as possible."

Sturm closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then, when everyone least expected it, the teen grabbed Amelia by the shoulders and zoomed outside. The second the two were gone, everyone else in the circle could hear Amelia's distant screams of excitement.

"WHOO-HOO! OH, YEAH!"

After a few short seconds, Sturm and Amelia returned to their respective spots, with the girl smiling euphorically from the adrenaline. Sturm's sudden motion created a gust of wind, making the furniture shake slightly.

"There. Happy?"

"Whoa, that was awesome!" one of the classmates smiled.

"Okay, Amelia. It's your turn to spin," Skara said, glad to see her friends having fun.

When the adrenaline mellowed, Amelia spun the bottle just like Skara. Eventually, the bottle pointed at the girl with the moon-shaped head, known only as Celine.

"Sturm, truth or dare?"

Skara was a bit surprised. She didn't expect the same student to get picked twice in a row. Even Sturm was surprised.