School Of Poww - Chapter 3

That was a weird interaction with Sal and Ms. Case. I never thought of Sal as a bad person in any way, but to think that he has 'strong dark energy' doesn't sound great either. He did seem weird to me but also very genuine and caring person. He was always in a great mood when I talked with him and when we played together, so hearing that a librarian in a school of powers can just feel dark energy from him but not a senior worried me.

After giving Chad the paper and telling us that she can't wait to see us in a week, she pulled me aside for a bit just to talk. I'm not one to have a conversation with people I don't fully know, especially after a shocking moment like that, so I was nervous on why she wanted to talk up me alone. Chad agrees to let me go for a bit as he simply showed Sal around the library, leaving me with Ms. Case.

"So, how long have you been friends with Sal?" "F-for only a few days. We were in the same orphanage when we escape from there." She looked panicked, giving glaces at Sal occasionally before putting her attention at him. "I trust you to take care of him. No matter what, don't make him feel a strong negative emotion. He doesn't realize it yet, but he has potential, but since you know him better than I do, I need you to make that potential to be in a good path. Now, I made sure Chad gets some medicine to weaken him but not too much, just enough to not scare the wrong people."

It was too much for me to handle because it only brought more questions to my head. I know well enough that this isn't going to be a good school year.

"C-can you tell me what's wrong? I don't want a simple answer. This is my friend that we're talking about, so I don't want him to be something that other people might find as a problem if I can prevent it." She had hesitation in answering me, finding it difficult to trust a kid with this but I understand that it's actually something serious.

"Okay. I'll tell you. Your friend might have something powerful inside him, a strong poww maybe and he definitely unlocked it. But he doesn't remember it so there must be something wrong. I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what's wrong, but I know that this is only for Chad's master, higher heros and the Guardians. But I need you to unlock your poww and get stronger immediately." If only it was that simple.

So basically so much information in my brain that I just wanted to honestly think it was an elaborate joke or dream, but I know that it wasn't. It was just confusing to think of my friend, my only friend, as some dangerous being. He isn't, they don't know Sal, but I'll still be cautious as I give her a nod and walk up back to Sal and Chad.

They were waiting for me outside the library. I took a library card before walking out and a dictionary that I found lying around.

"What happened? Did she tell you anything?" I looked at Sal's worried eyes and just nervously chuckled. No way this guy can be something so sinister and evil. "She just wanted to give me a library card since I striked her as a book guy." I lie to him as I show him the dictionary and card, seeing him sigh in relief. I looked at Chad and just from his face he knew I was lying to Sal, but he was happy that I did.

"So, next up is the nurse's office to get your results and to turn in this note. Please, don't scream when you see the head nurse, she's ugly and a horrifying monster with the most confusing poww ever." Chad scared me a bit by the description as he walk down the hall, so many different symbols and people that told their powws. There were occasionally these different colored ones that ranged from 'Guardian 1 - 5'. Ms. Case talked about them but I still didn't know who or what they are but I know their important.

After like 2 minutes of just walking and carrying books and hearing Chad talk about this mysterious girl we finally reach the office. It had a big green plus sign on the door, a sign of health as Chad knocked. We heard some screaming inside afterwards as something seemed to break. I was terrified after what Chad had described as this girl and now this, it had Sal and I on our toes ready to run. We hear walking from behind thee door as the person walked up to it. We heard them right up to the door and then twisting the door open. "Get ready." Chad had a smirk on his face before seeing the door open.