School of Poww - Chapter 11

I made new friends. I didn't expect to make new friends so early but it's nice. Max was cool. Abigail was kind and sweet. Melvin was pretty geeky but I liked that, we both liked chess. And Sabrina was pretty and nice. We all were different but somehow still got along.

Sal didn't seem in the mood for new friends but I'm sure he's just tired or something. He's really going up enjoy having more friends eventually.

We seemed to just wait for either Mr. Hernandez to come back or for break to start. We talked about a lot of things. And I finally learned something cool and the very thing this world is about.

"Wait, wait. You know your poww!"

People looked over at us as Abigail just seemed to yell a lot. Melvin answered.

"Yep. It is, get this, the poww of invisibility."

He seemed to make like a heroic stance but his glasses just tilted one side but still made Abigail look at him in awe. I was surprised to be seeing someone my age to have a poww. Sabrina gave him a sort of fast clapping and Max just chuckled.

"Wish I had that, would be very useful in 'certain' situations."

Sabrina just punched his shoulder as he winced by it. I was confused by the sudden action as I can hear Sal give a quick chuckle with his head down like he understood what was happening.

"I also have a Poww too, but it's nothing special. Just the poww to communicate with other languages."

I looked over at Sabrina. She had a poww too? Is everyone finding their poww before me? I looked over at Abigail who was still fan girling over Melvin.

"Wait, so you don't know your powe yet? How do you know if you even have one?"

"Of course I know I have one silly, my dad has one and my mother doesn't."

"What? That doesn't make any sense."

We looked over at Sal who now had his head up, which he had his hood on to maybe feel more hidden from others. Max looked at him with a sort of annoyed face.

"Do you not know how powws work? Didn't your parents atleast explain the basics to you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a violent person. I don't even know how to even fight in any way, shape or form. But this dude is going to see how fast I can learn how to throw hands. I saw Cyno shake his head to me. He knew I was mad at Max but I just couldn't really help myself. I stood up from my chair but got stopped by Sabrina standing between us.

"Okay, settle down. Salvador, why don't you just talk to him instead of making a scene."

I looked into her eyes. The same eyes that made me mad to look at but somehow made me relaxe. Max was ready to probably knock me out so I just gave sigh and sat back down. Cyno was a little happy that I didn't do something I'd regret. I just stopped because I got nervous other people would be watching.

"Talk to me about what?"

"M-Max... look, Sal and I are orphans."

They all looked over at Cyno completely shocked. Max then looked over at me for confirmation as I gave him a nod. I placed my head down on the table again.

"O-Oh... I-I'm sorry man. I didn't know."

"It's fine. We usually don't talk about it so it's hard when it comes up."

Cyno must have gotten up because I felt his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and saw him smiling. He was probably going up tear up as I returned him a smile and sat up.