CHAPTER - 33

Author's pov

It was 8 in the night, finally the time of the surgery.

Mrs. Jeon - please save him doctor please, I beg you

She said in between the puddle of her tears.

Doctor - don't worry Mrs. Jeon, we'll try our best

With that said, the doctor went inside the ICU

Your mom sat beside Mrs. Jeon and your dad was just sitting beside his wife.

Whereas you stood beside your husband who was back in his cold demeanor but you knew that deep down he is as nervous as everyone else. You simply stood beside him praying for the best to happen.

Second turned to minutes and then to hours, no one spoke anything because everyone was just worried and tensed.

It was already midnight and still there was no sign of the doctors, the surgery was still going on.

By now, Mrs.Jeon had turned pale, her tears died and she sat on the bench unconsciously as if she was unaware of the world and everyone else, her lips trembling from the fear and the continuous chanting of prayers, she refused talking to anyone at the moment. Hyun went home a long time ago with his family but he was keeping check on the situation going on here. You now sat beside your mom and opposite to you was your husband and dad. You ran your eyes over Jungkook's figure, it clearly showed how exhausted he was from all the events that took place in a mere day. His head rested on the wall on the back with his eyes closed and hands intertwined with each other, his thumbs continuously playing with one another.

"He must be tired",you thought in your head. But right now you couldn't do anything as the scenario was not a normal one. The atmosphere was turning gloomy as the time kept on passing.

At 2 in the night the doctors came out with their tired faces, all of you were quick to stand up and go towards them.

Your fingers were crossed together and your ears were waiting to hear only the good news from them.

Jungkook - What's the condition doctor?

Doctor - The surgery was a success

And that was enough to relax the tensed figures encircling the doctor. Mrs.jeon joined her hands in a thanking gesture, she looked upwards and gave a flying kiss in the air probably thanking the almighty. You quickly held her and gave her a tight hug.

Mrs.Jeon - Finally yn-ah

Yn - I told you mom, Dad will be fin, see

she nodded abruptly in your hold.

doctor - But...

you detached from your mother in law, waiting for the doctor to complete his words.

doctor - Since the operation was a major one, you would have to take immense care of him, make sure he's always warm and his dressings need to be changed twice a day to avoid any kind of infection, even once a day would also do but the more you care, the healthier he gets.

Jungkook - We'll make sure of that, Thank you soo much Doctor.

Mrs.Jeon - When can we meet him?

Doctor - He's unconscious right now and we prefer if no one see him in this condition, it will not be a pleasant sight, so i suggest you meet him tomorrow after his dressings are cleaned and also he will be up by that time.

Mrs.Jeon - oh

Doctor - I'll take my leave now

Mr.Kim - Thanku once again doctor for coming here.