Part 21.5 Kusuo's birthday

Kusuo and Y/N entered the Saiki household and met Kuniharu who got out of the toilet.

"Hello again Mr. Saiki" Y/N greeted as she takes off her shoes and placed it to the side.

"Oh Y/N how are you?" Kuniharu asked

"I'm doing great Mr. Saiki. I am sorry I left so abruptly earlier I was not feeling well"

Kuniharu was about to ask another question about the woman he saw earlier but he saw Kusuo shake his head.

"It's all good Y/N! Don't you want to join the rest of your friends? They said they couldn't find you at school and was planning on dropping by at your house after school but you weren't home as well."

Oh my, so they did plan on telling me... Why am I so selfish... I am the worst. I assumed the worst of them. I don't deserve them...

A tear prickled her eyes which she wiped away.

"Anyways Kusuo, you should go to your friends now." Mr. Saiki told our strawberry haired psychic but he still seems to refuse.

"No. I'll make them miserable by ruining the mood"

"Stop being such a baby and go out there. You must at least a bit grateful to them for planning a whole party just for you. I know you didn't want to hurt their feelings that's why you asked me to be you. You should go to them even if it might hurt them. After all, all of this is for you"
Mr. Saiki said that even Y/N is crying. Her one hand covering her face while the other is also blocking her face but in a distance. You know those over dramatic fake cries?

"Tch. Who are you to scold me?"

"I'm your father"

"He's your dad" Y/N exclaimed the same time as Kusuo's dad. "You're so lucky to have a dad to look out for you"

The two entered the room and saw everyone gathered around.

"It's time for presents everyone!!" Chiyo and Teruhashi took their cake out which was made to look like Kusuo.

"Tada!! What do you think?!" Teruhashi gleamed at the cake.

"Oh my god. It actually looks like him!" Y/N laughed

It was a very eventful day but it ended up well.

Hopefully, more joyful days will come