Chapter 91/238: Not the Man I Fell in Love with

Appreciate your votes and comments - keep us motivated! Comment on everything you like.

It's going DOWN.

**Trigger Warning**

Soundtrack:

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I fell back to the room on my knees.

As a loud whistling mute dominated my ears at the consective shots that echoed in the past ten seconds, causing me to unconsciously squat down, covering my head in a basic human reaction. My vision blurred from the intensity of the situation, and the world gave a large and slow whirl amid all the smoke and the fog and the smell of blood and concrete.

The first thing that snapped me out was the flaming bed next to me, as I gasped, coughing as I crawled away from it as I struggled to register what had just happened.

"AAAARRRGHHHH!"

"AAAAAHHHHH!"

"MASTERRR–RICK—AAREGH!"

THUD! BAM! THUD!

With a shaking breath and a blurry vision, I forced myself to look up and in the direction of the... source.

Eh?

I remained on the ground.

No, let me phrase this better.

I wasn't able to get up from the ground.

Given my nervous system... had underwent a complete shutdown at the scene.

To the point I could no longer feel any of my fingertips or senses.

I just gazed, frozen, at the scene before me.

The four bodyguards accompanying Trevor Ellington Conway were all on the ground.

Each with a pool of blood around or under him.

Filberto Roman, who was also supported by one of them... was also on the ground.

And only one shadow stood, towering them all.

Smoke surrounded him, making it rather difficult to outline his features, especially with my half blurry vision.

He stood there.

White linen shirt. Black pair of dark suit pants.

Blood splattered over his shirt and hands with a couple of drops over his neck and jaw.

Blood that wasn't his, but rather...

Blood that had splattered from the four men he'd just shot and who were on the ground each screaming on the ground in agony.

And fire burned in effects around him, as though harmonically creating a scene but having not reached him yet, just for the effects of it.

And the cherry on top of the scene...

Was that pair of ocean blue eyes...

Having clearly evolved into a pair of silver bullets, eyeing his victims below with the most ruthless expression I've ever seen cross his beauteous features.