Chapter 37/184: Damage Sinks In

This is purely aimed to show you all our appreciation for waiting for us today, and to assure you: that waiting for us is always worth it :)

Please give this chapter all the LOVE IT DESERVES! It got us SUPER emotional writing it! And we had to edit it today amid ALL the work we had for the interview JUST to reward you with it!

Comment, comment on EVERY line you like, and support, support, support!!!!!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I was curled into a ball under water, hugging my knees and shaking.

Breathing felt impossible, and my chest constricted. I had held my breath in, refusing to let myself inhale water as long as possible.

It was dark, and I felt so lonely. 

Yet even more than that, I felt... invisible.

Like no one could see my pain...

As I eyed my body, a shudder crossed it.

This...!!!

I eyed my swimsuit which I wore back when I was seven.

And I eyed my tiny figure. 

'Charlotte...!' A distant voice called, 'Charlotte! Wake up, baby girl!' 

I forced my eyes open, as my father's face appeared before my vision. 

D-Dad... 

But... But why are you... here... 

'Because I'm not here to save you from under water this time, Cherry!' My dad's voice came, 'You need to reach out! You need to help yourself, baby!' 

My body shook. No, dad, I can't. 

I... I'm too... hurt.

I don't want to get out. 

A fast recollection of the last few hours I'd passed through shot to my mind, and my heart sank. 

Yes, this was a similar feeling...

When I stood out there in the ball, looking at Rickard Ellington Conway and his perfect fiancé, seeing everyone's admirable looks for them. 

I... felt a similar feeling to the one I feel right now... and the one I felt when I was under water back when I was seven. 

I felt... invisible.

Like I was drowning in my own grieves and pain... 

With no one noticing. 

And that's why I don't want to try and get out, dad. I can't go on with all this pain. 

I can't keep on losing people like I... lost you. 

From before me, my father's silhouette started fading, and yet, it had a... smile.

'There's always two sides to a story, Cherry.'

I blinked at his words, 'Remember how you saw my acts before you knew my side of the story.' 

My heart ached, as my dad's silhouette faded, leaving only traces of his tone.

'You can't just give everything up before you know the whole story. So resist, my girl.'

Adrenaline rushed through my body at this.