Chapter 34/181: Spins on Heartstrings

This chapter is among the MOST touching chapters we've ever written! Comment on every line you like & give it the appreciation it deserves!

We'll genuinely be devastated if it gets undermined because it took us a lot of work :(((

Oh, and on a side note, we personally had the trailer music playing as we wrote this chapter, so if you'd like to listen to something, this is our recommendation to you:)

P.S. check out a couple of VERY important & interesting A/N's at the end :)

And by the way, we have basic dance knowledge so excuse any unprofessional descriptions you read :)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

A string at the deepest core of my heart tugged. Hard. 

And blood froze in my veins. 

As my eyes widened.

Huh?

What did she just... say?

'This is Carolina De Françis, Rickard's fiancé.'

A series of flashbacks shot to my mind in a split of a second.

'I was not sure whether it's my place to bring this up, to be honest, but considering I can see how things with Charlotte are... advancing...Carolina is back in London.' –Sarah Dowell's voice shot to my mind.

'When we get out to the crowd, let us separate trajectories. I cannot be seen with you in public for tonight.' –Rickard Ellington's statement.

And that... farewell-like kiss.

It all made sense now.

Lava-like tears rose up my tear glands.

Oh but I'd be damned if I let them fall at such a moment.

My mouth went dry, as one thought sank in more and more and more.

I was apparently nothing but a side chick.

More flashbacks of Rickard Ellington Conway's different sides and aspects I'd encountered in our travels, and even before that and throughout our advancing... relationship... shot to my mind.  

And they stabbed my heart. Over and over and over.

It was pain I have never experienced before.

Not when Paris Fiore was introduced and seemed like someone close to him.

Not when he got a new secretary to replace me and she was very good-looking and hot.

Not when I learned he'd bedded Aria Faulkner and thought she was beautiful.

Not when I thought he cared for Sarah too much. 

Not when I saw that stripper eating over his neck in Dubai.

Not even when Reina Collins returned. 

Never before. 

Maybe because whatever we had between us was not as advanced as now.

A cozy memory of snuggling into his broad, warm back and falling asleep securely hit my heart.

Maybe because I had not seen the sides I'd seen of him on many occasions recently.

His lip twitch back when he was feverish and falling asleep before me flashed before me.

Maybe because he'd not made me feel as though I'm... different as he'd done recently.