Chapter 22/169: Fever Revelations

Vote, comment, & enjoy! Happy reading :)))

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I could tell he wanted more.

From how his left hand came up from my back to run through my hair. 

From how his right hand came up to cup my cheek, keeping me in place as he deepened my amateur kiss.

I could tell he wanted more of this. Of me.

My hands, on a will of their own, were going up to snake around his neck, when he cut off the kiss. 

Either his hands came up to either my sides and against the wall behind me, as his muscles popped up, as though to support him. 

His forehead came down, against my right shoulder, rendering me off-balance a bit as I gasped.

A single pant escaped him, and I gasped again as the burning of his forehead heated up my shoulder.

Goodness, his fever!

"M-Mr. Ellington, you're sick!" I panicked softly, "I... Ugh... We..." My mind went blank, as I fidgeted in my place under his weight.

Some seconds passed, and neither of us spoke. The silence helped me arrange my thoughts accordingly, as I let out a calm breath.

Okay Char, you can do this! 

"Um, sir, do you want me to help you to the closet so you can change your soaked clothes?" I muttered suggestively.

He shifted slightly, and a throaty hoarse hum escaped his masculine throat. "You may." His tone came low yet still arrogant.

Seriously, Mister? Bossing me around even in your sick ass state?!

I shifted, hinting for him to lay on me a bit so I can help him start move. 

"Un secondo." He murmured, keeping his forehead over my shoulder. 

**Un secondo: one second**

I got what he requested despite my limited Italian diction, as I stopped moving. 

Some seconds passed, and from over my shoulder, I felt the alpha inhale a deep long breath, then exhale it. 

He straightened off of me like an iron rod, as he turned, and started moving towards the door in composed even steps.

I blinked in stun at him.

The hell is up with this man! Just how?!

If not for his clenched back muscles, one would even think nothing was up with him! 

He reached the closet, opening its door as he clenched his long hard fingers over the handle.

Realizing he needed some privacy to change, I grabbed a pair of change from my bag, and headed for the bathroom.

"I'll change in the bathroom. Y-You can have the room!" I announced softly, as he had already started undoing his belt. 

My lord! What an inconvenient time for the always careful, calculating R.E.C. to get a fever that fucks his concentration up!

I flushed as I shut the bathroom door behind me. 

Getting under the hot shower again, I showered fast just to warm my body. 

.

.

.

Ten minutes later, I stumbled outside the bathroom with a pair of soft pajamas, and wet hair.