2. Chance

Even before my body woke up, I'm already feeling disappointed.

Was it just a dream?

I slowly opened my empty eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling.

Hmm..white ceiling? White walls?

I blinked my eyes multiple times before I roamed my eyes in the room. This is... hospital?

Looking at the rows of bed beside and infront of me I confirmed that I really am in a hospital.

What happened? Did someone save me?

I wanted to stand up but my hand caught my attention.

Slim callous hand..dark skin, scars.

A conjuncture crossed my mind, but I'm not happy.

Isn't this scene a little bit predictable?

I slowly walked to the toilet and faced the mirror.

Seeing a burned face covered with gauze infront of the mirror, deep despair enveloped me instantly.

Yes. What my situation right now is something we could read in those Isekai novel and manhwa.

Transmigration.

I should be happy right? But looking at the thin, scarred and dark face in the mirror, anger arose from my whole being!

"Ahhh....." Everything inside bursted like a dam. Bottled emotions poured out strong. I melt down there, on the bathroom floor.

Feeling the betrayal and trumpled expectations. It's okay if I did not expect, but I thought..

I again stared at the unfamiliar body. She has beautiful bright blue eyes but that's it. The rest of her face was covered with gauze and burnt marks. The arms are full of scars and dark skin.

It's unbearable, so I evade my eyes.

A foreign force startled me as I was about to go out. Suddenly, unfamiliar memories merged with my own. I massaged my aching temple to relieve the pain. I feel dizzy like my mind will blast anytime.

Slowly, I accepted the foreign memories little by little.

Alva Gabriel...

She has the same name as me. Unfortunately she had a more miserable fate.

She was a beautiful child when she was young. Adults adored her, and children wants to play with her.

Her parents look average, and no one wants to believe she's their child.

A little suspicion build up in her father's heart and that's when everything started.

Everyday in their home is like a boxing arena. No need for gloves, no need for head gear. Every slap and punch scores high, and all their nights were filled with miserable cries.

At 15, Alva ran away from home when the beast tried to rape her, her Mom looks at her with hate and blame anyway, so why stay?

From then on, she lived like a rat at the bottom of society. But beauty and weakness is a deadly combination.

Rude drunk men sneaked in her dilapidated hut one day. Fortunately one of them accidentally fell and alerted her.

That night she ran desperately under the cold windy night. No shoes, no jacket, no food, identification.

In a mids of the night, a lonely soul stands infront of the fire. She cut her hair, ruined her skin and burned her face.

But she has no regrets at all. Her beautiful eyes bright with expectations. Now she doesn't have to always be on guard, right?