9. First Day

The convoy was delayed for an hour because of the continuous number of people chasing them. There were also some problems because of the people's arrogance and unacceptable demands.

Thankfully at 10 o'clock am, the front part of the convoy started to move forward.

The Soldiers were scattered around the survivors to protect them in case of accidents, but they are mostly at the front and rear part of the convoy where the vulnerable part that would receive the most impact in case of any attack.

Simon, although happy in his heart, couldn't afford to be distracted on the road. He maneuvers the car seriously, but still giving her palm a squeeze from time to time.

"Why don't you sleep a little bit more? It's boring to sit in the car all day" he smiled at her tenderly.

To make her comfortable during the travel, he adjusted her seat a little bit but he still feels distressed. The roads, for some reasons, are full of pits and holes, making the ride super bumpy and uncomfortable.

Alva Gabriel, who's used to her stable shut in life inside her comfortable room, was overwhelmed because of this, but then again, she needs to get used to it immediately.

Thankfully her body was strengthened and much healthier than before. Besides the dizziness and nausea at the beginning, she's fine overall.

"I'm okay" she smiled at him at little "I'm listening to a novel" she tucked her hair a little and pointed to her earbuds hidden under her hair.

Truthfully, no amount of novel could distract her from looking at Simon's serious face while driving. Facts have been proven that a man looks more dashing when driving and working.

Simon saw her small smile and smiled back at her.

"Why don't you play it on speaker mode, so that I could hear it too" he's curious about the little girl's hobby and the car is actually too quiet.

"Okay..but I'm not sure if you'll like it" she hesitated a little before turning on a speaker mode.

"It's okay. I will like everything you like" he said softly. Making her blush a little.

"Hmm.."

All throughout the journey, they spent their time like this. The little embarrassment and awkwardness in the air between them, vanished completely. Sometimes Simon would ask questions, sometimes they'll laugh together, and sometimes they'll comment a bit.

Alva did not know when she dozed off, but when Simon woke her up, it's already time for dinner and the sky's already dark.

He handed her a big bowl of noodles with ham and sausage before getting his own bowl from the Army.

"Eat up while it's still hot. We'll camp here for the night and continue tomorrow at 6 o'clock in the morning" after that, he opened a water bottle for her before eating his own dinner.

"Thank you" she took a jar of kimchi and a bucket of fried chicken from space and offered then to Simon. Thankfully, the off road vehicle is darkly tinted, in addition of the darkness of the night, no one noticed her unusual moves.

Simon is not polite to her, but noted that he needs to hoard more delicious food for the little girl.

The dinner was harmonious, especially the pleasant conversation between the two. Simon noticed Alva's effort to communicate and was moved deeply in his heart.

At 8 o'clock in the evening, everyone's already preparing to sleep. Everyone's tired the whole day, so this is normal. They chose to sleep in the car instead of tent because it's much safer. That way, in case of emergency, they could immediately turn on the car and leave.