1-THE DIVORCE

""Diya.... Beta! I have sent the papers to Punj's office." Baba told me in the morning. I was reading the newspaper and Ba(my mother) forced me to sit with everyone in the small garden we have at our place here in Indore.

"Hmmm!" I couldn't find a better response.

It's been 5 months since my father-in-law's death and I came here, to my parents house.... My home.... But he never called, not even a single text. What was I expecting though... Seven years in marriage and that man didn't even look at me for more than 1 second.
Talking, was a dream. The only conversation we had was on the third night of our wedding when he finally came home
I don't know why you agreed for this stupidity called marriage. I am not interested....  was never interested.  Dad forced me into it so don't expect anything from me or this relationship. We only have to see each other on important events like business parties and if extremely required on some family functions. I don't have any problem so don't you dare to try knowing me or 'fixing' things. I can't live with you in the same house, so sharing the same room is a long story. I understand money was the biggest factor and criteria for you to agree marrying me so will get it from time to time. You will receive a credit card without any limit and debit card along with cheque book in 4-5 days, spend whatever you want. Just try not to show me your face."

That was it. That was the only thing he said to her for the next one month of her marriage.

"Tumhi pan kae.... Who talks about divorce at 7:30 in the morning." Ba said.
(What's with you..)

"Aaj-kal che pora.... Itkya laukar sagla sampta ka?" Ba kept on nagging in her  fain voice as she got up to fix some breakfast.
"Kids these days.... Doesn't marriages end like that?)

I looked helplessly at my father.
"Baba! I...."

Baba shook his head, telling me to avoid her nagging.

"Ba! What do you mean itkya laukar?" This was my Dada, Abhay.
(So soon)

He was 5 years older than me and despite the age gap we were pretty close.

"How many years so you think is enough for her to realise her worth. I wanted her to do this 6 years ago." He said.

Ba didn't say anything but her expressions screamed disappointed and disapproval.

My father retired as the H.O.D of math  in an engineering college and my brother was an IAS officer. He was posted in jharkhand but came here to meet a girl for an arranged marriage set up.  Both of them were very kind and loved me and cared for like I am drop of dew. My mother was a teacher and was now retired.

"Diya, I am pretty sure that he will sign the papers soon. Don't worry about it. And I also think it's high time you start thinking about work." He said, looking at me and I nodded in agreement.

"I don't think we should hurry. Take rest Diya beta, relax and when you want, you can start working again ." Baba said and I nodded in agreement, again.

I don't know what I really wanted now a days. I agreed to anything and everything, I disagreed to anything and everything. They want me to sleep, I sleep. They want me to walk I walk.

Though I had zero expectations because he told me so, I never expected him to do this to me. 5 months.... It's been 5 months I left Punj house and not a single call. From anyone, him, his mother, his sister. They all are living their lives as if I never existed. I thought Atleast Ananya would call me. But , she too has forgotten me like we were never related. She was the only one who talked to me in that house. Whom I could call my friend.
The day went on, while everyone was busy with their own work and other things, I say in the corner of my room contemplating about the last 7 years. And tried to understand why I couldn't leave him.

When suddenly I heard the door bell. Someone was ringing the doorbell like a maniac. As I stepped down from the first floor where my room was I saw everyone was in the living room because of the doorbell. Dada went to open the door with a bat in his hand.

"Hello Abhay! Namaste sir! Pairi pauna Ba! " My steps froze, hearing that deep, heavy voice.
"Where is my wife?"

_________________________
Small chapter... Yes, but as the story flows the length will increase.

It doesn't sound dirty, does it? 😐