3- THE MEETING

My hands trembled as I entered a small coffee shop. My legs felt heavy as if stones, weighing tons, were tied to them. My heart was racing so fast I felt a little ache in my chest and my lungs were not able to fill the air required to breathe. My eyes started scanning the place for an empty table but to my surprise Arjun was already there, he waved at me.
Oh God, why?

He got up from the chair as soon as he was sure that I had seen him, and smiled, at me.
Should I just behave as if I hadn't seen him and walk back. Why did I come? I should have asked someone to accompany me.

With all the thoughts in my head I didn't realise I was already standing near the table. I came to reality only when I felt Arjun's arms wrapping me in his embrace and him keeping his face at the crook of my neck. I froze! That was the only reaction I had. I went numb. This is the first time in my marriage Arjun touched me.
And suddenly I went cold, when I realised he took a deep breath... No!! He smelled me... He sniffed, hard... As if he was filling his lungs with all the air he could.

"God! I love this perfume of yours." What? He is.... He did what??

After the day he came to my house and my family didn't let him see me, Arjun has been coming to my home daily. Standing in front of my house, continuosly looking at the gate, he wasn't ready to give up. My brother asked him to leave or he will complain in police to which he answered "kar dijiye complain saale sahab, biwi se mil ke rahunga apni."
(Do the complain, brother-in-law, I will meet mybwife no matter what.)
It was torcher to see him daily, standing there, looking at the direction of my room. He was even eating there. There were some days he brushed his teeth there because he was standing there for the whole night.
So, finally I called him yesterday "I will meet you tomorrow Arjun. At the capers, but for now please leave. Don't stand here, the neighbours have started complaining and talking about it."

"Meet me for the breakfast!" He said in an ordering tone.

"I can't leave home that early in the morning Arjun. Dada will kill me if he gets to know I am meeting you." I replied. "Meet me at 5 in the evening."

"He can't touch you, you know that right!" Arjun said.

"No one can... Not him  and Not even you...." I replied. ",5, tomorrow" I said hanging up.

"In case you are wondering... No you are not late, I came in early. This was the meeting I was really excited about in the last 5 months. You look pale sweety. Is everything okay? have you been eating properly?." He said, and my mind went back in time.

6 years ago (A few days after their wedding)

"Arjun..." I said as soon as he entered our room.

"How many times do I have to tell you that don't call me from the back when I am leaving for the office." He was irritated.

Arjun started working the very next day after the wedding. Dad tried to convince him to take me on honeymoon but he rejected the idea and didn't even listen to it completely.
The next day when he came back from office I was waiting for him in our room, it was almost 11 in night and I was still Dressed as a newly wedded bride, red saree, sindoor, mangalsutra, bangles. He didn't even look at me properly.

"Koi Pooja hai Ghar me?" He asked.

"Nahi! Wo Dadi ne kaha nayi bahu...." But he cut me off.

"Oh God yaar Diya! What is this crap? This marriage is a sham, accept it." He said.

"I know but I can't say that to Dadi, can I?" I questioned.

"Arjun I was waiting for you.... For dinner...." I said.

"Why? I had my dinner! We usually eat at our convenience Diya... Wait mat karo... " He said and went in to washroom for a shower. (Don't wait)

The next morning was nothing different when Arjun ignored me, had his breakfast without bothering if I had eaten or not and left.

"Diya..." He said before leaving for the office. I was in the room getting ready to go downstairs and he has came to pick up his bag. "Listen! please stop wearing those anklets. The noise is annoying! It distracts my work."He said picking up the bag.
Before I could say anything he said something that broke my heart"or better, you shift to any of the rooms here and keep wearing all those anklets and bangles and whatnot."

I was really fond of my anklets, these one particularly. I have designed them myself for the wedding. Though I was an interior designer by profession jewellery designing was my hubby. I have designed a few pieces for my friends and family for their weddings and also sold a few designs to some jewellery brands. That was like a small hobby business I do.
I prefer silver, so when the family decided the dates I started working on my jewellery. Everything was perfect for my choice, just the way I have designed on paper my necklesses, my earings, the waist chain but those anklets were special.

But Arjun was annoyed and being a new bride in an arranged marriage setup, where my husband hates me for whatever reason I followed whatever he asked me, so that there might be a slight chance of him accepting me

I took off my anklets, Dadi asked me to wear my bangles for a few months so I couldn't. I packed them in the case and kept it in my suitcase.

----------------

"Diya!! Diya!" His soft voice bring me back to the present.
"Are you listening!" He said, and forwarded a jewellery case.
"I got you a present."

"I can't accept anything Arjun." I said pushing it back to him. "All I want is for you to sign the fucking papers and set me free, rather set yourself free."

"No, Diya! Divorce isn't happening. Kill me if you want to leave so desperately but divorce is isn't an option." He said. He has been repeating the same lines since last 9 days.

"Please accept the gift Diya! Please!" He sounds like begging.
"Aur ghar chalo! That place doesn't feel like home anymore."  (Come home)

"Aur Aarohi!" (What about Aarohi)
I asked and he lowered his head.
_______________&_

Hi all. Here's another chapter. Please vote and comment as much as you can tell your friends on Wattpad about our book.
Please vote and comment.