6-THE DATE

My heart was racing like a stallion. I thought I would have a heart attack at this rate, and believe that a heart attack is better than going on a date with Arjun. I was standing in front of his suite's door and my mind was running everything Kiran said like a damned record.

"I think he likes you and that is why isn't signing the papers!"

What if it's true?! What if he says the same thing? What if he tells me that he have feelings for me?
I wasn't ready for this... My heart wasn't ready for this....
Kiran..... I hate you to put these thoughts in my mind. Ofcourse he doesn't likes me that is what lead to this divorce. He hates my guts and he would be happy to leave me. As far as I am concerned, my feelings for him are concerned, I might have sent the divorce papers and I might be really desperate to get out of this relationship but that doesn't change the fact that I loved him once... Or maybe I still do... Or Maybe I always will... And maybe that's why I never wanted to come on this date...

This Date.... The DATE.... But isn't a date supposed to be in a restaurant or something... What am I doing here at his suite's door.... How long it has been that I am standing here.... Should I knock or just stand.... But how will he know that I am here if I don't knock.... or I should just leave and call him later and tell him that I can't come.... But I wanted the papers signed.... How long has it been that I am standing here....
All me thoughts were put on an abrupt end when I heard the opening of the door.
"Arjun!" He stood there in all his glory. Beautiful green eyes, chiseled jaw, pink full lips, carved body, he had very little hairs on his chest and it was visible because he left top two buttons of his shirt open. The thick gold chain with Om pendant was slightly visible too, it shines in the golden light. He always mixes two perfumes for that specific fragrance, it always drives me crazy, there was time when it made me wet in my core, but it was way back when we were newly married, not anymore. I have touched myself so many times just smelling the shirts he would put in the laundry.
My heart still skips a beat because of the was he smelled.

"Were you thinking about running back and never knock on the door??" He accused me in that deep voice.

"Yes!" I replied, as if I was in trans. I always wanted him to look at me the way he was looking at me right now. With so much admiration and... And there was something else too.... Whatever that was.... It was sending shivers down my spine.
"I mean, no! I wasn't sure if I came... I mean I thought it will be in the restaurant."

"I wanted to spend some time with you ALONE" He said.

"Come! I was waiting for you since.... Forever!" He held his hand out for me to hold. I wasn't really sure what to do but kept my palm in his. He intertwined his fingers with mine before making way for me to enter his suite. What are you doing Arjun? His hands were soft, softer than expected.

He took me to the balcony, it was evening and I could see the sun setting. It felt so awkward to be here. Indore was my home, I have never been out on a date in this city. Too many people knew me, and my parents, and brother. They won't wait to tell any of them that they have seen me with a boy. Though Arjun was my legal husband, it still felt the same, like I was sneaking behind their back. Honestly I was, My parents were not in the town and my brother went back to his work a few days ago.

"I am here... Let's sign the papers." I said.

"Juice, soda or mocktail what will you have?" He asked ignoring my question.

"Wine!" I replied, the task of getting the signature was going to be difficult
"Red!"

"Ummmhh!" That was a sound a of surprise, he raised his brows a little and looked at me as if I was 13 years old and asked for alcohol.
"I thought you would go for plain water, or juice!" He said.