2- THE FEAR

"The girl who stays here is my sister!" Dada sounded angry.

"The woman who came here 5 months ago is my wife.... And I want to see her." His deep voice was demanding.

"Never!" It was Baba.

"Sir! You cannot keep my wife here like that... We are legally married and I demand to talk to her." He was getting impatient.

"She isn't here." Baba told him.

"I know she is here. I can feel it." He said and it shocked me. He could feel my presence.

"Diya! Diya!" He called my name.

"Arj....." Dada wanted to speak but he cut him off.

"Diya! I am staying at Radisson.... Come meet me.... We need to go home.... Enough grieving over the loss of your father-in-law." He really thought I was here because of that.
"Let's not disturb our lives anymore. Your absence is creating chaos."
My absence is creating chaos in his life.

"She is not coming ever, Arjun. Just sign the god damned papers and fucking leave her alone." Dada said firmly.

"Diya! Are they forcing you.... In any way.... To stay here to sign the papers.... Just tell me okay.... You have my number..... They have taken your phone as well because I have been trying to call..." His words were directed to me. It's crazy how in 7 years of my marriage and we never had a proper conversation and here he is talking to me... He never looked at me in the eyes... Told me how unwanted I was in his life but here he is.... Telling me that he came to take me home.... Home..... Can I even call that place home? Was it my home?

"Diya I know you and Mom don't get along.... We were only supposed to stay at Janpath house for a few weeks till Mom was settled and even then you could have gone to golf links yaar.... Aise ghar chhor ke aa jana... Kya bachpana hai.... Mom ne kuch bol diya tha toh mujhe bolti..." How all of a sudden this man was worried about me and my feelings and me and aunty not getting along.
Ofcourse, we never get along but that was because she never accepted me as her daughter-in-law. For her I was always the daughter of middle class master ki deti who didn't deserve her precious son. She wanted him to marry her.

"Diya! Come home! Hmm!" His voice softened. The way he said my name in the last few minutes, standing at my door step sounded so different. Like he really meant it, like he really missed me.

"I am leaving Diya! I will be staying here till you come and meet me, Sweety!" A word of endearment.... First time in seven fucking years.
I wonder what his agenda was. There has to be something.
He left and I know he touched Baba and Baa's feet and tried to hug Dada. He would always do that no matter what.

I let out a loud sigh and I shifted all of my weight to the wall behind me.

"Are you okay dear!" Dada asked.

"Diya what was he doing here?" This was Baba.

"Bagh to ala tula gyaela!" (See he came here to take you) it was obviously Baa.

"He is going to come again, until he meets me! He is not going to leave." I said, not lifting my gaze from the ground.
"Was he angry? Did his eyes looked angry?" I asked.

"I don't know if he was.... He was exceptionally calm." Dada said.

"Oh my God!" I was scared. I know there was fear in my eyes.

"He will never sign the papers Dada. He was upset... And he will never sign the papers.... The divorce is not happening." I know Arjun.... I know him too well.... If he is calm, When things aren't going his way... He would burn the world to make it the way he wants.

_____________________

I know story abhi shuru hui hai. Mein itni regular nahi hu lekin please read and vote and support. I promise to be more regular. Please tell others about the story. I feel as if soany of my readers have left Wattpad or something. I never had such low views.. as I said earlier the chapters will be bigger once the story is in pace. Have faith and trust me.