3. I'm done with you

James nervously said, "We can talk while sitting." Net, a mysterious figure clad in dark clothing, sat on the edge of the bed and began to speak with a calm and measured tone. "This is the first time I'm telling the truth to a human. You don't even know my name, I guess. My name is Net, and you can call me whatever you want. Let's get into the topic, but before I start, please stop drying your hair with the towel because it's attractive."

James was taken aback at Net's directness, but he halted his actions, knowing that there was something serious about this conversation. He watched Net closely, and a sense of unease settled in the room.

Net continued, "Yes, I'm a vampire. The reason you heard that sound is because we make it to attract animals or humans. When they come to investigate, we kill them and drink their blood."

James was fully surprised by this revelation, and a chill ran down his spine. He struggled to comprehend the gravity of Net's confession. He rose from the bed, feeling a mixture of fear and confusion, as he grappled with the reality of what Net had just revealed.

Net gazed into his eyes, offering reassurance, "You can sit, I won't harm you." Despite the initial skepticism, James  relented, settling back down and expressing, "I understand now, but you should go back" Net, puzzled, responded, "No, I want to be with you. I promised not to hurt you!" James, sensing the sincerity in Net's words, admitted, "I don't trust anyone, even myself."

Net couldn't fully grasp the complexity of James's emotions but chuckled nonetheless. Abruptly, James's mother appeared, breaking the moment with a sense of urgency "James, quickly get ready we were supposed to visit the national park."

James nodded and hurriedly gathered his belongings, and with a touch of sadness, Net uttered, "James, I thought I'd spend the day with you, sharing more about myself. But you're going with your mother" The fleeting connection and the missed opportunity lingered as Net observed James's departure.

As James took a momentary pause, he meticulously folded his clothes and neatly placed them into a bag. In the quiet room, his actions were interrupted by a sudden exclamation "Vampire!"

It was James, with a playful glint in his eyes, calling out to Net, who stood at a distance. Intrigued, Net turned around to see James, a smirk on James's face, fastening the bag and confidently stating, "Vampire"

Net, bemused, raised an index finger to himself in an expression of confusion. James, ever the joker, crossed his arms and continued with a smile, "Absolutely, you're a vampire."

Unfazed by Net's attempt to interject, James carried on his way, making a beeline for his mom's room. In the lingering aftermath, Net stood there, deep in thought, musing, "Is his peculiar nature an inherent trait or a result of some hereditary abnormality?" The unanswered question lingered in the air.

"Mom, Dad, I won't be joining you," James calmly announced to his parents. His dad, perplexed, questioned, "What? Why?" James, sporting a joyful expression, explained, "Mom, you know the boy in my room is my long-lost best friend. We just reunited after a significant time apart, so I thought, let's go for a walk together."

However, James's mom, visibly frustrated, retorted, "James, you're always like this. You make plans, and just when it's time to execute them, you suddenly cancel it with lame excuses. Honestly!" Despite the scolding, James maintained his cheerful demeanor, embracing his mom and assuring her with a smile before making his way back to his room.

As James observed Net descending the stairs, curiosity sparkled in his eyes. "Where are you off to, Vampire?" He playfully exclaimed, catching Net's attention, the words echoing through the space.

In a swift response, Net hurried down, clamping his hand over James's mouth "Are you daft?! Call me Net!" He scolded, a tinge of exasperation in his voice. Unfazed, James shrugged off Net's hand, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You told me I could call you whatever I want!"

Net, scanning their surroundings with caution, countered firmly, "That doesn't include 'Vampire.' Call me Phe!" His brows furrowed in a display of seriousness. James, not one to back down, questioned with a teasing smile, "Why? You're not that much older than me!" It was a lighthearted remark that soon met a surprising revelation.

Softening his tone, Net leaned in and disclosed, "I'm at least 490 years older than you." The declaration hung in the air, leaving James stunned. "What?! You're 490 years old?" he exclaimed in disbelief.

In a swift move to maintain the shroud of mystery, Net quickly silenced James once more, hand firmly over his mouth. The room was enveloped in an air of enigma as Net prepared to depart, leaving James in a whirlwind of astonishment.