17. Understanding ; Forcing

NET SIRAPHOP

I saw James leaving, and I tried to stop him, but he just walked away, leaving me standing there, feeling abandoned. Determined not to let him go without an explanation, I followed him.

As I approached the road, I saw him get into an Uber, heading off into the distance. Without hesitation, I jumped into my car and kept my distance, trailing him to see where he was going.

I knew this was my last chance to tell him everything-every truth that had been weighing on my heart. As I drove, my thoughts briefly drifted to Tutor and Yim, hoping they would resolve their differences.

But my focus quickly returned to James and the urgency of the moment. My feelings for him were like a fire burning inside me, too intense to ignore. I knew I had to confront him and make things right.

After what felt like hours, but was probably just a few minutes, James's Uber stopped at his house. The moment he stepped out and the Uber drove away, I quickly parked my car and hurried over to him.

My hands were shaking as I reached out to him. "James, please, I need you to listen to me," I said, grabbing his hand with both of mine.

He pulled his hand away, his expression cold. "No need, Net. Please, leave me alone now." His words were like a dagger to my heart. I hadn't expected him to be so distant, so dismissive.

I dropped to my knees right there on the pavement, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Please, James, I'm begging you. I've been waiting for you all this time!" My voice cracked with desperation.

The moment of truth had arrived, and I couldn't hold it in any longer. "I admit it-I'm a vampire!" The words came out in a rush, filled with fear and honesty. I clutched his hand, pleading with my eyes for him to understand.

The street was quiet, the night air heavy with tension. I knelt there, my tears mixing with the rain that had begun to fall, waiting for him to respond. Would he believe me? Would he understand? All I knew was that I couldn't lose him, not now, not like this.

"It's about to rain, Net. You should go home," James said, his eyes darting toward the darkening sky. His voice was firm, yet there was a hint of concern. I clung to his hand, desperate to make him understand my reluctance.

It felt like I was begging him to stay, and it was humiliating. Where is the confidence I used to have?

"Do you love me?" James asked, his gaze shifting back to me. His question took me by surprise. I hesitated, searching for the right words. When I finally spoke, my voice was earnest. "Yes, I love you! I wanted to tell you, but you-"

He interrupted me, his eyes narrowing. "Since when?"

The question struck a chord deep within me. My response was swift and unwavering. "Since 1889!" I said, the words tumbling out before I could stop them.

James looked at me with bewilderment. His confusion was palpable, and I knew I had to explain. I stood up abruptly, trying to gather my thoughts. "I know this sounds crazy, but let me explain everything!" I insisted, hoping my urgency would convince him to listen.

Just then, the first drops of rain began to fall, hitting the ground with a soft, rhythmic sound. James glanced up at the sky, then back at me. Without a word, he took my hand and led me to his house, the rain growing heavier with each passing moment.

As we walked, the sound of the rain grew louder, drumming against the rooftops and pavement.

By the time I entered his house, I was soaked to the bone. The warmth of the interior was a stark contrast to the cold rain outside.

"All right," James said, his voice calm but curious. "Explain. How can you love me since 1889?"

I took a deep breath, knowing this conversation would change everything. "It's a long story," I began. "One that involves time, memories, and the kind of love that transcends lifetimes." I looked into his eyes, hoping he would believe me. "But I promise, I'll tell you everything."

meanwhile

AUTHOR

As Yim sprinted away, desperate to escape, Tutor's strength seemed to pull him back like a magnet. With a swift motion, Tutor seized Yim, his fingers digging into Yim's arm.

"You think I'm as soft as Net?" Tutor's voice was cold and threatening. He tightened his hold, then dragged Yim to his house, ignoring the protests and struggles.

Now, inside Tutor's room, Yim found himself bound to the bed, wrists tied behind him. He tried to shout, to curse, but Tutor silenced him with a harsh grip on his throat, squeezing just enough to make it hard for Yim to breathe. Tutor's face was close now, his eyes dark and unyielding.

"Do you want to fall in line and love me, or do you prefer being locked up here?" His whisper was a sinister hiss in Yim's ear.

Yim fought against the restraints, tears welling up in his eyes. "You're fucking forcing me Tutor! I hate you!" His voice cracked as the tears spilled over, his body trembling with anger and fear.

"Force? Hate?" Tutor sneered. "If you hate me, then resist. Show me just how much you despise me." He leaned in even closer, his breath hot on Yim's cheek. "But you know what will happen if you resist, don't you?" The threat hung in the air like a storm cloud.

Yim's tears flowed freely, but he bit his lip to keep from sobbing. He knew Tutor was serious; he knew what might happen if he didn't comply.

He closed his eyes, praying for a way out, but Tutor's touch and the coldness in his voice left him feeling trapped, powerless, and utterly alone.

"Seducing me?" Yim's voice trembled as he spoke, a mix of disbelief and fear etched across his features. Tutor withdrew his hand from Yim's neck, a subtle smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Why would you think I'm trying to seduce you?" he replied, his tone laced with playful curiosity.

However, Tutor moved even closer, so close that he was practically on top of Yim, whose body was sprawled across the bed. Yim's heart raced, and his words came out in a shaky stammer.

"You're-you're getting too close! This is-this is too much!" It felt as if his voice was escaping his control, his nerves turning his speech into a jumble of fragmented words.

Tutor's eyes held a mysterious glint as he leaned in, closing the distance between them. The tension in the air was palpable, electric, as if the smallest movement could set off a spark. Their lips were just a hair's breadth apart, the heat of Tutor's breath brushing against Yim's skin.

"You know, when you died in your past life, I was devastated," Tutor said softly, his gaze locking with Yim's. "I was so depressed for a whole fucking year. It felt like everything was falling apart. But then I saw you at the Hospital, and I thought maybe we'd get another chance, start over as friends."

He paused, searching Yim's eyes, almost as if he was looking for a sign. "But you made it difficult, pushing me away, keeping me at a distance. I just wanted to get close to you, to reconnect" Tutor's voice was low, carrying the weight of the past and the hope of what could be.

The space between their lips was almost nonexistent, a silent invitation hanging in the air. One tiny move, one barely perceptible shift, and their lips would meet.

Yim's breath caught in his throat, his mind racing with a mix of fear and curiosity.