15. Born for each other

He ran toward me quickly and pulled me into a tight hug. As he held me close, he leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Forget everything you said five minutes ago." After releasing me from his embrace, I stood there, stunned, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

But before I could gather my thoughts, my vision started to blur, and I felt myself losing balance. Within moments, I lost consciousness, collapsing to the ground as the world around me faded into darkness.

Last night thoughts end.....

I grabbed my phone to call James, and he answered almost immediately. Before he could even say hello, I blurted out, "James, I'll be at the hospital at 4 p.m." Without giving him a chance to respond, I ended the call abruptly. A sense of uncertainty clouded my mind—was the vampire still alive?

4 hours later...

I finally arrived at the hospital. As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed Tutor's car already parked. I decided to ignore it and made my way to my chamber. Thoughts about Tutor swirled in my head. Suddenly, a realization hit me.

According to Tutor, I was his first love in my past life. If that were true, it meant he had been searching for me all this time. But how did I die?

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the seventh floor. My mind raced with questions. If I really was Tutor's first love from a past life, why hadn't he said anything sooner?

The elevator doors opened on the seventh floor, and I stepped out, still deep in thought. My job was to get to the bottom of the vampire situation, but now I had another mystery on my hands—one that hit much closer to home.

As I walked down the corridor toward my chamber, I felt a mixture of curiosity and apprehension. What else was hidden in my past, and how was it connected to my present?

As I was unlocking the door to my chamber, I caught sight of James with a guy I vaguely recognized as Net. They were busy making copies of some papers.

I approached them, and James noticed me almost immediately. He wrapped his arms around me in a friendly hug and said, "Yim! How are you?" I hugged him back and replied, "I'm fine!!"

While we were hugging, I noticed that Net seemed deep in thought as he continued copying the papers. There was something about his demeanor that caught my attention, so I glanced in his direction.

As I looked into his eyes, it was like I could see his imagination at work. In this vision, I saw James sitting on the ground by a small pond while Net handed him a bouquet of flowers. James was beaming with happiness, exclaiming, "I love it, Net!" before kissing him on the cheek.

I was stunned—normally, I could only read people's thoughts, not their imaginations. This sudden glimpse into someone's inner world felt like a bolt of lightning had struck me.

I quickly released James from my embrace, the scene I had just witnessed still fresh in my mind. With an edge of curiosity and a hint of disbelief, I asked him, "Are you two dating?"

James was visibly shaken as he hastily blurted out, "No...no! It's not like that!" I caught a glimpse of a bracelet on his wrist. It stood out—a simple yet intriguing piece of jewelry. Curiosity got the better of me, and I reached out to touch it. "Who gave you this?" I asked, my voice firm, my gaze locking onto his.

Before James could answer, Net cut in with a dismissive wave, "I gave it to him." His tone was curt, as if warning me not to press further. I held back my retort and simply nodded, turning away with more questions than answers. The situation was growing increasingly strange, and I needed to clear my head.

As I headed back to my chamber, I couldn't shake the unsettling feeling that something significant was unfolding right under my nose.

I slumped into my chair, trying to piece together the puzzle. The bracelet, Net's abrupt response, and James's odd behavior—it all hinted at something deeper, something hidden. How had I managed to glimpse Net's imagination earlier?

It was as if I had stumbled into a realm of secrets, but I couldn't make sense of it.

An hour passed, and my mind was still spinning. The notion of tending to patients seemed daunting, and I needed a break.

I decided to step out onto the balcony for some fresh air. As I leaned against the railing, I heard faint voices coming from a nearby room. I couldn't help myself—I moved toward the door, hoping to catch snippets of the conversation.

Inside, I saw Net and Tutor engaged in a heated discussion, their words punctuated by the occasional sip from their drinks. I listened carefully, trying to piece together the context.

Net spoke with a confident edge, "I don't know how I managed it, but I already made James fall for me. I'll tell him everything later, even about his past." He took another sip, his tone casual yet laced with hidden meaning.

Tutor, however, seemed less at ease. He shook his head and rolled his eyes, his expression conveying a sense of exasperation. "And what about Yim? How do I explain to him? he's been drinking that strawberry milkshake and there was blood in it! I had to erase his memory, you know." He took another sip from his packet, seemingly unbothered by the revelation.

It was in that moment that everything clicked into place. Tutor's cryptic remarks, and the bizarre behavior I had witnessed earlier—it all pointed to one conclusion: they were vampires.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I had stumbled upon a hidden world, one where James had somehow become entangled with Net, who claimed to be his former love.

•~• Okay I don't know how was the chapter lol.. but anyway something big is really gonna happen in next chapter *save your tears*💀