10. Unexpected meet

As I scrolled through Instagram, I stumbled upon a photo of Yim that made me involuntarily let out a loud scream of surprise, causing my phone to slip from my grasp and crash to the ground. "Mother fucker, what's wrong with you?!" Tutor exclaimed, abruptly waking from his slumber and approaching me with sleepy eyes.

I gazed at Tutor in astonishment as he picked up my phone, ready to discard it, but I quickly intervened, insisting, "Stop! Give it to me!" I retrieved my phone from his grasp, whispering, "He looks exactly the same."

Tutor, clearly frustrated, retorted, "You saw him and still you're saying he looks the same?"

"I'm not talking about James," I explained hastily, before rushing out the door and making my way outside of his house.

As I drove, a sudden memory flooded my mind—a haunting echo of James's final words to me

_Flashback _

As he lay on my lap dying in front of me. His voice trembled with a desperate plea as he reached out to touch my face, his body stained with blood. "Net, I'll be reborn for you again. Please, don't forget me," he uttered, his voice quivering with the effort to speak. Tears streamed down my face as I gently clasped his hand, overcome with sorrow.

"I'm sorry for everything," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion. "It shouldn't have happened like this, James." His gaze met mine, his eyes filled with pain and regret. "I never expected to fall for you, Net. It was my choice, despite all the hatred I harbored," he confessed, his voice breaking.

In that moment, as his life ebbed away, the weight of his words bore down on me, leaving me to grapple with the complexity of our shared history and the depth of his unexpected love.

I held him tightly as other vampires closed in, their magical light draining his life force. Desperation fueled my actions as I summoned a protective circle around us, a shimmering shield bathed in emerald light.

But my efforts were futile, the barrier faltering against the relentless assault. With a heart-wrenching cry, I watched helplessly as James, his once vibrant eyes now closed, his hands slipping from around my neck.

"JAMESSS!" My anguished scream echoed through the chamber, tears streaming down my cheeks. "He is no more, Net," Tutor's voice, tinged with sorrow, pierced through my grief as his figure began to fade. "James," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion, trying to stem the flood of tears that threatened to consume me.

_Flashback ends_

As my phone rang, my thoughts scattered like leaves in the wind. Seeing that it was Tutor calling, I hastily wiped away the tears that had welled up in my eyes and reached for my phone. "Mhm?" I answered, trying to steady my voice. Tutor began to speak, his words slightly muffled by the phone's speaker.

"Net, I was just...," he started, before pausing. "Actually, I was... going to my kitchen and I slipped on the stairs, so I won't be able to come to the chamber," he finally managed to explain. "Mhm... okay," I replied, my voice barely above a whisper, and then the call ended.

Feeling drained, I made my way home, the weight of exhaustion settling heavily upon my shoulders. As I arrived, I fumbled for my keys and rang the doorbell. My mom opened the door, her face reflecting surprise and confusion. "You're home so early?" she queried, her brow furrowed in concern.

With a sigh, I replied, "Nothing, I'm just tired of all of this." My words hung in the air, laden with weariness and frustration.

JAMES SUPAMONGKON

After arriving home, I relished the tranquility of my own space, having the house to myself while my parents resided in Australia for the past four years to be closer to my little sister, who was studying there.