5. Love between us

James' mother noticed the bandage adorning his neck and inquired, "James, what's this on your neck?" Attempting to mask his nervousness with confidence, James replied, "It's a bandage." Confusion painted his mother's expression as she retorted,

"I'm not blind, I can see the bandage, but why did you put it there?" Catching his breath, James responded, "Because of the hair straightener." His mother chuckled, adding, "You're a boy anyway." Quietly finishing his breakfast, James retreated to his room.

Throughout the day, James tirelessly searched every nook and cranny of the garden and jungle, but Net was nowhere to be found. Without even having Net's phone number, James felt the weight of frustration settling upon him, casting a shadow over his day.

The boy who once seemed indifferent, harboring a mix of anger and fleeting moments of happiness, now found his thoughts consumed by one person, Net.

For James, someone who typically kept to himself, disregarding others' words and emotions, this newfound preoccupation with Net marked a significant departure from his usual demeanor. Somewhere along the way, he had begun to develop feelings for Net, feelings that he couldn't easily shake off.

As night descended, James's restlessness grew. Unable to resist the pull, he ventured back into the jungle in search of Net. Despite spending hours scouring the area, Net remained elusive.

Exhausted and disheartened, James eventually found himself seated upon a large stone, gazing up at the star-studded sky. With a heavy heart, he whispered to the heavens above, "God, I long to see him, to talk to him."

Suddenly James saw Net in front of him. Concern etched on his face, James hurriedly got to his feet and exclaimed, "Net, what happened to you? Why are there so many scars on your body? What's wrong?"

Net managed a strained smile and waved off his concerns, saying, "It's nothing, just forget about it." James wasn't convinced, noticing Net's weakened state. "But you're a vampire, your wounds should have healed by now," he remarked, gently reaching out to touch Net's hand.

"Net," James said, his gaze fixed on Net, "I missed you because every moment without you felt like an eternity." His words seemed to flow from him without his control, as if some unseen force was guiding them. "And now, I think... I think I love you." His confession hung in the air, surprising even himself.

As James leaned in to kiss Net, Net froze, his eyes widening in shock. But the moment their lips touched, something snapped within Net. He pushed James away with a force that sent him stumbling backward, landing on the ground with a thud.

Confusion clouded James's expression as he struggled to comprehend Net's reaction. "Net?" he uttered, his voice laced with uncertainty.

Net's entire being trembled with a mixture of fear and disbelief. "Why did you do this?" he demanded, his voice quivering with emotion. "Do you even understand what you've just done?"

As James scrambled to his feet, a sense of panic gripped Net. "What should I do?" he muttered to himself, his mind racing with uncertainty. Each step he took backward was a desperate attempt to distance himself from the chaos unfolding before him.

"Love between you and me is completely forbidden," Net said, keeping his distance from James. "But if we were to enter a relationship, it might be, might be acceptable. However, if we were to engage in any physical intimacy, it would undoubtedly result in your demise," he continued, his tone grave.

"You have to tell me more about this shit" James insisted, rising to his feet and closing the gap between them. "What about you? Wouldn't you face the same fate?" James questioned, his demeanor serious as if bracing for imminent danger.

"No, I wouldn't perish, but the pain would haunt me for centuries to come," Net replied, tears streaming down his face, revealing the depth of his anguish.

"So, you do love me," James remarked, a gentle smile playing on his lips, despite the gravity of the situation.

"Nothing should happen now, nothing, nahh," Net muttered to himself as he began to pray fervently to whichever deity he believed might intervene. Suddenly, a brilliant yellow circle materialized around James, casting a surreal glow in the dim surroundings.

Reacting instinctively, James attempted to break free from the confining barrier, but to his dismay, every effort proved futile he was ensnared within its confines.

"What on earth is this?" James exclaimed, his voice tinged with a mixture of confusion and frustration as he examined the strange phenomenon surrounding him.

Meanwhile, witnessing James' predicament, Net dashed towards him, his heart pounding with concern. However, as he reached out to touch James, a palpable force field generated by the enigmatic yellow circle thwarted his efforts, creating an impermeable barrier between them.

"James! Jaames!" Net called out desperately, his voice echoing in the eerie silence as he dropped to his knees, pressing against the invisible barrier in a futile attempt to reach James.

•>•Hey guys I hope you like it and I need to end this past life chapters here cz next chapter is about present 2024 🖤

But the past thing isn't end here, sometimes Net will think about the past then you guys can know more about past so lemme stop it here and also ahihihi •>•