7. A dumb best friend

As I made my way silently to my chamber, my phone buzzed with a call from a nurse informing me of a queue of seven to nine patients waiting for my attention. With a nod, I instructed her to have them come in; I was available.

Time seemed to slip away unnoticed until, upon glancing at my watch, I realized it was already 7:33 pm. Rising from my seat, I made my way to Tutor's room, where he beckoned me in with a casual "Come!" Engrossed in his phone, he quickly rose, donning his apron.

"Bro, I've been meaning to discuss something with you," Tutor mentioned as we made our way to the elevator. "Alright," I replied, a hint of frustration coloring my tone. "Let's grab a bite at a nearby restaurant."

"Wait a minute," Tutor began, his arms crossed in earnest contemplation, "if you truly believe that he is James, that implies he's been reborn. And by extension, that means Yim has been reborn as well."

I furrowed my brow, trying to grasp his logic. "Um... well, I suppose so?" I replied, my confusion evident in my tone.

"So, if James and Yim are best friends in the present, does that mean I can reconnect with Yim now?" Tutor inquired with a seriousness that caught me off guard. "I guess... technically, yes?" I replied hesitantly, still trying to piece together his train of thought.

"Yes!" Tutor exclaimed gleefully, his hand slamming onto the table in excitement. "Dumb" I sighed, rolling my eyes at his enthusiasm. Just then, a waiter approached our table with our long-awaited food.

"Eat quickly! I need to head home," I exclaimed, rolling my eyes at Tutor, who seemed to be taking his time with his meal. "You can leave now; I'll catch up with you later," he replied casually between bites. Ignoring his suggestion, I dove into my food, determined to finish quickly.

Midway through my meal, my attention was abruptly drawn to the sight of James entering the restaurant with that doctor. My heart skipped a beat as I nudged Tutor urgently, gesturing towards them without drawing too much attention.

Tutor turned to look, his expression morphing into one of disbelief. "What in the world? He looks exactly like him!" he muttered, his jaw dropping in astonishment. Glancing at the other person's nameplate, I confirmed his identity as Boun.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Could James possibly have a boyfriend? The question popped into my mind before I could filter it. I turned to Tutor, my voice trembling with uncertainty.

"Do you think James could be... dating him?" I asked, my words hesitant and foolish. Tutor, in the midst of taking a sip of water, was caught off guard by my question. He sputtered, nearly choking on his drink, before composing himself to respond.

"Are you that much stupid? He's a human being, just like anyone else. Of course, he could have a boyfriend," Tutor exclaimed, his voice tinged with incredulity.

My curiosity remained fixated on Thomas and James. What was the nature of their interaction? Why did Thomas reach out and touch James's hand?

Was there something significant being discussed that I was unaware of? These questions swirled in my mind, demanding answers.

However, before I could voice my thoughts, Tutor intervened, abruptly ending my silent interrogation by grabbing my wrist and leading me away to his car. "I'm done eating, let's go," he declared, his impatience palpable as he reached for a tissue.

Caught off guard by his sudden urgency, I attempted to protest, eager to unravel the mystery unfolding before me. "But they're—" I began, only to be cut off by Tutor's firm grip and his insistence on leaving the scene behind.

"Look, Net, forget about him. He's part of your past, and we can't even be sure if he's the James you used to know" As we made our way to the car, his words echoed in my mind, urging me to let go of the past and focus on the present.

But how could I forget someone who had once meant so much to me?

As I rested my head on the car glass, a sudden idea sparked in my mind "Ai Tutor! You can see people's past!" I exclaimed. Tutor, seemingly unfazed, continued driving, disregarding my question. "Imagine if you could see James's past,"

I persisted, my excitement growing. "It's an interesting concept, but trust is crucial," Tutor remarked, glancing at me briefly before returning attention to the road. "Tutor you could understand someone completely by touching them" I continued, my voice tinged with excitement.

"It's a foolish notion, but perhaps trust is what's needed" Tutor dismissed, ignoring my enthusiasm. "Why not try befriending him?" I suggested, feeling a wave of frustration and sadness wash over me. "Enough," Tutor snapped, shutting down the conversation

•~• I'll think about Tutor🤔 like if Net can convince him to see James past•~•<3