Chapter 9: More or Less??

Wednesday, January 9th, 2023
8:47PM
Enid's POV

As we approach Divina and Kent's house, I watch groups of people walk in from different angles. Their house is a big brick building. I've always wanted to live in a brick house, or apartment for that matter. Just something with brick, I think it's such a good look. You can see the lights through the windows in the front even though the curtains are shut. Part of me is nervous to walk into the building. I'm not sure what I'm expecting. I've been to a few parties before, but nothing like this.

Wednesday and I walk side by side towards the door, Yoko and Bianca following behind us. This group of people ahead of us holds the door open. I thank them and let Wednesday walk in before me. She nods at me slightly while walking through. I keep holding the door for Yoko and Bianca behind me, but they motion for me to go first.

"No, please. I wouldn't want to separate you and your girlfriend." Yoko says quietly enough for only me and Bianca to hear. I mouth the words 'shut up' to her before walking in front. I can hear them both laugh behind me.

I've never been in Kent and Divina's house before, and I have to say, it looks just as nice on the inside as it does on the outside, and the outside is really nice. Right as you enter the house you are in the living room, stairs to the left. It's a massive space, two full sectionals, coffee table, fireplace, tv, and a piano. And to think, that's just the living room. The kitchen is further down, it's one of those houses where the kitchen and living area are technically the same room, but there's a clear line where one ends and the other begins.

There are people everywhere, and it's not just Nevermore students. Nearly everybody has some sort of red solo cup in their hands, and if they don't then they're playing a game. I look around the room trying to see if I can spot either Divina or Kent. I know they could be in any of the hundred rooms in this house, but I would hope they would be close by.

"Vina!" I hear Yoko shout from behind me over the loud music. I turn around and follow where sees looking. I see Divina quickly walk over to us, occasionally pushing through small groups of people.

"Heyy everybody." She welcomes as she walks towards Yoko, kissing her quickly before redirecting her attention back to everyone. "Y'all look nice. Enid, love the makeup. Addams, love the jacket. Bianca, love the jeans." She greets, taking a look at each one of our outfits. "Alright so, foods in the kitchen, alcohol is in the dining room, and non-alcohol related drinks are in the fridge."

"Why is the alcohol in the dining room?" Yoko asks. Divina looks over to her as if she just asked the dumbest question of mankind.

"Cause if the police show up, they don't immediately see it in the kitchen or living room. That way we have a little time to hide it, duh." She states. "Me and Kent spent an embarrassing amount of money on that shit, so it's not getting taken away."

"How much money?" Bianca questions. Divina gives her a 'don't ask' look before responding.

"Well, I'm not gonna say exactly how much because I don't want to be too heavily judged. But let's just say when you go into the dining room, you'll see how much we had to buy for everyone in this house to have their own and be able to drink a dozen more if they wanted to." Divina says, looking around her house. We all hear a glass break in the distance, and we watch as she sighs before dragging Yoko with her to check it out. "Oh, and by the way at like 9, 9:15, there's going to be a massive game in the sunroom!" She yells before disappearing into the group.

Okay, big game in the sunroom in like twenty minutes, got it.

I turn around to see Wednesday staring back at me. Bianca must have wondered off. She keeps her blank expression on her face.