Chapter 17: Here we are.

Friday, January 11th, 2023
5:27AM
Enid's POV

Waking up at 5:30 on a Friday morning isn't usually my cup of tea, but I haven't told Yoko what happened last night yet, and it's been bugging me like crazy. Wednesday still sleeps in her bed as I get up from mine and rush to look the slightest bit presentable to walk across the hall. I don't sleep naked or anything, just your average white tank top and Hello Kitty pajama pants. I get out of my bed and shiver when the sudden temperature of the room hits my arms. I grab my hairbrush from my nightstand drawer and quickly tidy up my appearance before quietly exiting the room and shutting the door behind me.

I never wake up this early in the morning, and before walking into the hall I don't worry about running into anybody else. Why would I? Who else is roaming Ophelia Halls as the sun rises? I should have thought that through more because up until this moment, I forgot my ex-boyfriend is an early bird.

Me and Ajax make awkward eye contact as he walks into his room, and I walk out of mine. He shares a small smile and a weak wave, and I feel compelled to return the gesture. He's never apologized for the things he said the night we broke up, but in my mind, I've already forgiven him. Rest assured; I won't forget. He had a right to be upset, I would too if it was me in his position, but he said a lot of stuff that night. Stuff I remember and stuff I blocked out. All of it being stuff I haven't told Wednesday. I want to tell her, and one day I will. But the day I tell her what Ajax and my mom said that night is the day Wednesdays kill count goes up by two. I think that's why I'm so comfortable with waving to him now, because I know Wednesday, my girlfriend of only a few hours, will treat me better than anybody ever would.

I rush across the hall and stop as the door in front of me. What are the odd that she's awake? Will she be mad if I wake her up? No, Yoko's going to want to know this. Why am I even contemplating this?

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I pound on the door, accidentally of course. I forget that ever since I've wolfed out certain aspects of being a werewolf are heightened. One of the main ones being my strength, especially when I'm excited.

I wait a minute before knocking again. No response. She's probably just asleep. I'll just go in, and wake up her. Problem solved. I gently open their door and shut it behind me in a swift motion. I'm just trying to wake Yoko up, no point in possibly pissing Divina off too. I turn around from the door, ready to wake Yoko up when I'm met with something I wasn't expecting. I see two people, luckily under the sheets, but it's clear what they are doing. I think about turning around and coming back later, pretending like I never saw anything, and that's what I am planning on doing. That is until the sheets begin to slip off the back of whoever is on top, and I can't stop my reaction.

"Shit shit!" I yell, immediately covering my eyes and trying to find the door behind me. I can hear two people scramble from the bed as I hit my head on the door trying to find my way out.

"Enid?!" I can hear Yoko yell. 

"Sorry, sorry! I just wanted to, fuck, I just wanted to talk to you!" I respond, taking my hands away from my eyes to hold my now hurt head.

"You wanted to fuck?" Divina jokes at my poor choice of words. I sigh.

"Haha, very funny."

"Enid, just turn around." Yoko finally says. I contemplate my next decision but ultimately decide to just turn around. I'm already embarrassed, no need to make my embarrassment for nothing. During my freakout, Divina apparently threw on a t-shirt and Yoko put on a black tank and underwear. I look everywhere but the two girls in front of me as Yoko starts walking to their bathroom.

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask her, someone more uncomfortable than the two people that just caught having sex by their best friend.

"Washing my hands, it'll only take like two seconds. Then after you can tell me what whatever you interrupted an enjoyable orgasm for." Yoko explains.